First stab at the Galaxy Song

S11LKO

Reaction score
Just taking 2 minutes for an impromptu giggle over a cup of tea...

And a jolly good stab it was...

One of my absolute favourite Monty Python Songs. Brilliant fun. Cheers.

Delightful, Dave! You play that big ukulele well! :)

HaHa! Thank John. I think I've been feeding it too much or stood it in a grow-bag somewhere! :)

Dave:

You brought a smile to my face. Love the song and the special effects.

Luke

Cheers Luke - I've been experimenting with 'special effects' and 'audio(DAWS)/video software', but my ageing grey matter isn't coping well with it at all...my results thus far have been pretty poor to average. I'll keep trying and learning though my friend.

Hi Dave,
Hope that you’re doing well. It’s been stormy, rainy & cold (60’s for Hawaii). Wanted to let you know that I shared your video with members of my uke group. They recently added this song to our Dropbox files.
Regards,
Keith

Last edited:
Hi Dave,
Hope that you’re doing well. It’s been stormy, rainy & cold (60’s for Hawaii). Wanted to let you know that I shared your video with members of my uke group. They recently added this song to our Dropbox files.
Regards,
Keith

Aw! Gee! Thanks Keith mate...I’m honoured you thought my two minutes of silliness worth sharing with your group.

Thankfully, I’ve had a chance to play through that song a few more times since this was recorded so it’s a little smoother now when I’m doing it. Great to hear your uke group is doing well and that you’re obviously fine and well in this current strange world of ours.

I’m sorry it’s ‘cold’ for you there. If it’s any consolation, it’s currently gale force winds, raining, and approaching zero degrees here in the U.K. today, so I might come over to you for a warm! ����
Take care my friend. Dave x

Hi Dave, I can get a taste of your cold weather by opening my freezer! 😝 You can do this song better now??? We have a lot of Monty Python fans in our group. I alternate playing bass with another fellow who's originally from the UK. He played in rock bands & told me if he practiced & took lessons, maybe he could sound as good as you.

We used to have weekly jams/performances of between 15 - 30 people, but now limited to 5 persons, wearing masks, staying 6' apart, outdoors usually at Waikiki. Miss seeing everybody - hope that things can get back to normal.

Stay safe,
Keith

Hi Dave, I can get a taste of your cold weather by opening my freezer! ��

... he told me if he practiced & took lessons, maybe he could sound as good as you.

Stay safe,
Keith

HaHa!! It feels like a freezer here!!
Thank your friend for me - he’s very kind!
I’m sorry that by necessity your group numbers are so limited but hopefully before much longer you’ll be able to get back to normal.
Certainly, if I lived nearby you would have one more member in ME...*IF* you guys would let me in, obviously!! ��
Good luck my friend. Please you and everyone at your end do all you can to keep safe and well.

Luv n stuff, Dave

Super job Dave. I don't know how I stumbled on this, but coincidentally I just played it for the current Season - Out Of This World.

Hi Jim! I’ve just watched you doing it...and I prefer your version! There’s something about hearing someone from your neck of the woods saying the word ‘bugger!’ - made me smile!!
Seriously mate, you did a great job of it and I loved the sound of your converted guitar/uke - brilliant!
Luv n stuff, Dave

Top Bottom