Craig Chee & Sarah Maisel May 2nd Online Uke Fest

BillM

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
The Second Not-So-Mini Online Uke Fest will take place on Saturday, May 2nd. The fun begins at 10:00 AM and lasts until 6 PM Pacific (or longer). The line up of performances, play-alongs, and lessons is incredible. Artists include Cynthia Lin, James Hill & Anne Janelle, Steven Espaniola, David Kamakahi, Herb Otha Jr., Victoria Vox, Gerald Ross, Lil Rev, Abe Lagrimas, Kalie Gamiao, Corey Fujimoto, Uku Lenny, Mitch Chang, and many others.
Here is the information page: http://www.cheemaisel.com/minifest
Here is the link for the live stream: https://www.youtube.com/c/CraigCheeSarahMaiselUkulele/live

I'm ready and waiting. Have the link bookmarked.

This is Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly Grove near the Beverly Center
9 tenor cutaway ukes, 4 acoustic bass ukes, 12 solid body bass ukes, 14 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 39)

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
• Member The CC Strummers: YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, Facebook: www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

We have a rehearsal and a try at making a video today, but we certainly plan to watch at least part of this!

I wish the schedule had been posted.

The schedule is included with the packet for the event, but if this one goes like the first one the timing on the schedule becomes more "around 11 AM" than "at 11 AM." :) Also, the entire event will be saved and available to watch on their YouTube channel later.

My store is a virtual vendor for the event today, I would highly recommend it!

Lots of good information and performances to be expected.

Also you can use the coupon code “ukefest2” on my website today for 10% off!!!

Happy Strumming everyone ������

I'll be in and out all day. Lots of yard work and such to get done......I'll run it on the desktop and catch snippets as I can. I attended almost all of the last one....but that was a cold not yet spring day.....spent too much time in front of a screen this past week....work was a bear..........I gotta get some sun and move my body today.......I'll enjoy the bits I can ....

And enjoy a good beer while I watch Jorma Kaukonen play live at 7PM CDT from Fur Peace Ranch.......

Enjoy the day whatever you are able to do!

This is definitely a bright spot during these tough times.

Many thanks to all who are participating, and all who are sponsoring the event. I did take note of the sponsors, and will keep them in mind when making purchases.

Watched most of it but missed the last few including those two. There was definitely a dominance of Kanile'a and Kamaka slothead tenors among the performers and instructors for the parts that I watched. Noticed only one KoAloha.

Abe had a Ko'olau

I watched almost all of the festival today. It was so much fun. Craig & Sarah did a great job of organizing it. So many amazing performers & teachers. Since the Covid-19 started, my ukulele playing has been pretty random. Not being able to play with & for others has been hard for me. Today’s festival put a spark back into my playing.

I saw Kalei, Corey, and Grace Terzian playing aNueNue. Petey Mack was playing his Bonanza. I also saw several KoAlohas, and a Cocobolo.

I had Craig & Sarah on my computer and the Seasonistas from London on my iPad Pro, then suddenly my internet went out, so I went to the kitchen and made my own low sodium hot dogs. By the time I finished and the internet was back, it was all over. Will have to view the recordings.

Watched most of it but missed the last few including those two. There was definitely a dominance of Kanile'a and Kamaka slothead tenors among the performers and instructors for the parts that I watched. Noticed only one KoAloha.

Abe had a Ko'olau

I saw Kalei, Corey, and Grace Terzian playing aNueNue. Petey Mack was playing his Bonanza. I also saw several KoAlohas, and a Cocobolo.

Anybody know what uke Diane Nalini was playing?

Diane mentioned during the previous online fest that she plays a Luis Feu De Mesquita (LFDM), and I believe she said she owns two. Very nice ukulele.

Yeah it sure was all blinged and featured out, but that two-tone fretboard was really distracting me. Never heard of that brand before now.

Kalei and Corey killed it with their three songs! Interestingly, they are partners in starting up aNueNue USA which should begin operations in late May or June.

Top Bottom