Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Craig Chee & Sarah Maisel May 2nd Online Uke Fest

This is definitely a bright spot during these tough times.

Many thanks to all who are participating, and all who are sponsoring the event. I did take note of the sponsors, and will keep them in mind when making purchases.

keeping an eye out for a very special pre-owned concert....

Quote Originally Posted by Wukulele View Post
    Watched most of it but missed the last few including those two. There was definitely a dominance of Kanile'a and Kamaka slothead tenors among the performers and instructors for the parts that I watched. Noticed only one KoAloha.

Quote Originally Posted by merlin666 View Post
    Watched most of it but missed the last few including those two. There was definitely a dominance of Kanile'a and Kamaka slothead tenors among the performers and instructors for the parts that I watched. Noticed only one KoAloha.
    Abe had a Ko'olau

I watched almost all of the festival today. It was so much fun. Craig & Sarah did a great job of organizing it. So many amazing performers & teachers. Since the Covid-19 started, my ukulele playing has been pretty random. Not being able to play with & for others has been hard for me. Today’s festival put a spark back into my playing.

I saw Kalei, Corey, and Grace Terzian playing aNueNue. Petey Mack was playing his Bonanza. I also saw several KoAlohas, and a Cocobolo.
    My ukulele family.....
    KoAloha Koa concert - circa 2006 (Living Waters)
    aNueNue Moon Bird concert - Spruce & Rosewood - 2018 (Blackwater)
    Blackbird Clara - 2019 (Oasis Bright)
    Cocobolo concert - 2019 (Worth Brown)

I had Craig & Sarah on my computer and the Seasonistas from London on my iPad Pro, then suddenly my internet went out, so I went to the kitchen and made my own low sodium hot dogs. By the time I finished and the internet was back, it was all over. Will have to view the recordings.

Quote Originally Posted by merlin666 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by man0a View Post
    Abe had a Ko'olau
    Quote Originally Posted by RafterGirl View Post
    I saw Kalei, Corey, and Grace Terzian playing aNueNue. Petey Mack was playing his Bonanza. I also saw several KoAlohas, and a Cocobolo.
    Anybody know what uke Diane Nalini was playing?

Quote Originally Posted by snowdenn View Post
    Anybody know what uke Diane Nalini was playing?
    Diane mentioned during the previous online fest that she plays a Luis Feu De Mesquita (LFDM), and I believe she said she owns two. Very nice ukulele.

Quote Originally Posted by BillM View Post
    Diane mentioned during the previous online fest that she plays a Luis Feu De Mesquita (LFDM), and I believe she said she owns two. Very nice ukulele.
    Yeah it sure was all blinged and featured out, but that two-tone fretboard was really distracting me. Never heard of that brand before now.

Kalei and Corey killed it with their three songs! Interestingly, they are partners in starting up aNueNue USA which should begin operations in late May or June.

Thread Information