SOTU# 429 ~ "Songs Of Grief & Loss / Artists No Longer With Us"

Sorry for your loss. I have been singing sad songs since 2016 when my brother passed away at 53. I've never gotten it together to actually post a song for a seasons. But this one is for my brother, Tim. Please excuse the poor quality.

Last edited:
Sorry for your loss. I have been singing sad songs since 2016 when my brother passed away at 53. I've have never gotten it together to actually post a song for a seasons. But this one is for my brother, Tim. Please excuse the poor quality.

It says your video is private Jo.....

Last edited:
Sorry for your loss. I have been singing sad songs since 2016 when my brother passed away at 53. I've have never gotten it together to actually post a song for a seasons. But this one is for my brother, Tim. Please excuse the poor quality.

Wonderful! Is this your first time to participate in the seasons? If so welcome JoAnn. This is really a wonderful song and performance. And what a cute photo of you and Tim ~

Last edited:
This is a Richard and Linda Thompson song. Richard had written the song while he was with Fairport Convention, after the band's bus had crashed, killing Richard's girlfriend Jeannie Franklyn and Fairport drummer Martin Lamble.

It was made public this week that Florian Schneider of Kraftwerk had died last month. This is a cover I did of "Autobahn" back in Season 65, which is now 7 years ago:
Autobahn

I covered this song a few years back in a collab with the multi talented Brian (UkeFoote) and never miss an opportunity to thrash through it again, me on my lonesome this time ...……

Last edited:
I would say that this one fits the theme - so I will sneak it in just before the end of the season.

Howdy gang,hope your all well and safe & sane a scan be.Thanks for a great theme this week & hosting.

My official Entry, the original of this song is a real beauty and makes me cry every time i listen to it,my version will probably make you cry to,but more for the sheer pain of listening to me :)
Thanks for watching stay safe seasonistas and love to you all X.

I'm so thankful for everyone's participation this week! Panda has gone wherever it is cat's go after they've hopefully lived a full and happy 9 lives! I'm very thankful to have had these last 10 days with him since we got the news he was not well ~

I'm sorry you lost Panda, Kevin. Each pet leaves a different pawprint on your heart. It's good you had a chance to say goodbye.

Howdy gang,hope your all well and safe & sane a scan be.Thanks for a great theme this week & hosting.

My official Entry, the original of this song is a real beauty and makes me cry every time i listen to it,my version will probably make you cry to,but more for the sheer pain of listening to me :)
Thanks for watching stay safe seasonistas and love to you all X.

Hi, Ukuleledaveey!!!! It is so wonderful to see your post!!! Sending healthy, safe, happy strumming vibes to you and your family! :eek: ~ chelle

Kev, I want to express my deepest condolences to you on Panda...my heart goes out to you and to your family! Having lost four of our animal babies btwn early February and early April of this year, I understand, first hand, how devastating it is so suffer a loss of a beloved fur baby...sending you peace, comfort...I hope that you can look to the love that you and Panda share to help navigate through this difficult time...

...I also want to thank you, Kev, for hosting SOTU #429 — reconnecting, here, with everyone has brought so much joy to me. Thank you, all, so very much — you guys are, again, a life-line for me. xoxo ~ chelle

Happy Mothers Day to all of our mothers!

Thanks to Steve, Lil, Geoff, Ryan, JoAnn, Kelly, Rick and Chelle for the kind words and understanding! And thanks to everyone who’s taken the time to participate this week! I believe the playlist is up to date and there are 75 videos from seasonistas so far. I’ll be out of pocket this afternoon visiting family for a small get together, but I’ll check back in tonight and see if Ralf has dropped in to grace us with one of his wonderful performances ~

Hi, Ukuleledaveey!!!! It is so wonderful to see your post!!! Sending healthy, safe, happy strumming vibes to you and your family! :eek: ~ chelle

Hello Chelle good to see you to :D,thanks for your kind words,im actually very chilled out through the lock down, getting plenty of time to relax and do things i enjoy,hope your all well and healthy to best wishes from me and keep on strummin :shaka::music:

Just yesterday, my four-year-old son told me that if we get another pet, we should get a cat. I asked why he thought so, and he reminded me how much I still love and miss my cat Dale. (Dale died a little more than a year ago.) I was touched that my young son understands that Dale is still with us in our hearts.

Kev, you and Panda were lucky to be in one another's lives, and I know you'll always feel that love.

Finding a song for this Season was sadly easy. I was a rock musician when I was younger, and I maintain contact with lots of musician friends via social media. Whenever a well-known musician dies, I learn about it quickly on my Facebook stream. This past week, Stranglers keyboardist David Greenfield died of COVID-19. He'd played with the Stranglers since 1975, and the band had tour dates lined up for later this year. Greenfield's among many musicians who've been lost to the coronavirus COVID-19 pandemic long before their time.

I hope every Seasonista is doing their best to stay home, stay strong, and stay healthy. It gladdens my heart to know that all of you are staying plugged in to life through the joy of music <3

Thanks for the kind words Ralf! What a lovely story about your son telling you if you get another pet, you should get a cat :) I didn't know you'd lost Dale, but i've always liked the photo of you with Dale on your shoulders (assuming that's him). He reminds me of Panda's daughter Xing Xing. I feel so lucky to still have her here with me. She is a an amazingly sensitive little kitty and it's clear she misses Panda too! She's been following me every step I take around the house!

Thanks for that lovely performance and tribute to David Greenfield as well ~

La La La La La Late...

I even got the wrong YouTube ID.

I'll put something more formal together in the coming days, but I just wanted to thank everyone who found the time to join in this week ~

Hey there,

Thanks for hosting. Incredible vids. Incredible emotions. Still catching up.

Ciao.

Thanks Kev - a brilliant job of hosting through a difficult time for you! Hopefully the music and the messages of support helped you through it in some small way. Well done mate! :)

Top Bottom