SOTU# 429 ~ "Songs Of Grief & Loss / Artists No Longer With Us"

thanks Kev for the week!
Hope you get some rest and can find some time to grieve.

I had a fantastic week Kevin, it was a great theme. Sorry you had such a hard time of it but hopefully we managed to provide a welcome distraction for you.

SOTU# 429 Wrap

First of all, I want to send a huge heart felt thankyou to everyone who participated this week! Your kind words of compassion and understanding where very comforting to me, and helped me to cope with everything that was going on! Most of us have lost a beloved pet at some point during our life, and it is never easy. By nature, I am an intensely private person, but this week I was able to open up and share a bit about my history with Panda and his daughter Xing Xing :) and it really helped me in my process of saying goodbye to Panda!

It was an amazing week of participation as well. On the playlist, I count a total of 80 videos, submitted by 46 different seasonistas. So many fantastic videos this week by all of you :) They were all very special, and I wish I could comment on all of them. I did want to mention a couple that really stood out to me. Bob’s collaboration with family and friends and was spectacular and so moving! B.J.’s cover of Warren Zevon’s “Keep Me in Your Heart” was very touching! Among others that really moved me were; John’s cover of D.C.F.C’s “I will Follow you Into the Dark”, Andy’s cover of “I Live My Broken Dream”, Ukulele Daveey’s “Act of Remembrance” Jon and Joo’s “Don’t Let us Get Sick” and Kimi’s “What Sarah Did” There were so many amazing performances and I’m sorry I can’t mention them all. But I enjoyed every one of them :)

We had some really amazing original songs this week! Brian’s “In the Sunlight”, JoAnn’s “for Tim”, Chelle’s “Golden Day”, Pa’s “People are Dying in the Old Folks Homes” and Berni’s “For Dorothy”

Thanks to Lynda and Philly V for the birthday songs :) Amazing stuff from both of you!

In addition to the regulars, I was very happy to see some folks join who had not been regular contributors in my recent memory; Liz, Kurt, Chelle, Tomcat, Sean, Philly, and Daveey. And we also had 3 people submit their first video on the seasons this week. JoAnn submitted her lovely original song “For Tim” , Kimi Austin submitted the Death Cab for Cutie song “What Sarah Said” and Marc Hinchey brought the Grateful Dead song “Black Muddy River” A very warm welcome to all of the returning folks and the new ones as well!

Along the way, it was brought to my attention (thanks!) that I forgot to comment on a song. In going back through I found some I had commented on but not added to the playlist as well. If I somehow missed either of these on your song, please let me know

I think it would be difficult for me get on camera and go over the past week without becoming emotional, so I hope you’ll accept these written words as my official wrap for SOTU # 429! Thanks again from the bottom of my heart

~ kev ~

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for sharing yourself and relationship with Panda. Wishing you well and thanks again for hosting.

Top Bottom