FS - Pono TE-ST Steel String Electric Acacia Satin Tenor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uke Up

Reaction score
FS - Pono TE-ST Tenor Electric Acacia Satin

This Pono TE-SE is in Pristine Condition, and perfect in every detail. The Acacia is a beautiful darker color with nice figuring. It looks great, plays great, and sounds great! Mint condition.

Google photo album:https://photos.app.goo.gl/ATyHSWCGqMAbCVyG9

The body is chambered for extra resonance while plugged in. That chambering gives it enough acoustic sound to really enjoy and practice with while unplugged. In addition, it gives the ukulele a lighter weight. It is currently strung with a wound steel G & C strings.

The body is two solid pieces, one fitting on top of the other, and routed out for an inside chamber that resonates pretty well acoustically. This is great for practice, especially when you want to go for dynamics without cutting hard into another persons audio enjoyment in the next room. It's an acoustic on some level. You can definitely hear the notes well in a quiet room.

This was a demo model at The Hawaiian Music Store and the setup was done there. It was delivered to me on February 2, 2020. When I got it, I certainly couldn’t tell it was a demo - it was in perfect condition. I would say it is in Pristine condition without a nick, blemish, scuff, scratch or other mark!

This appears to be an earlier version of the current Pono Steel String electric tenor as this one has a pin bridge, which I believe gives a cleaner, sleeker, richer look.

The beautifully constructed Ko’olau hardshell case is included.

Specs:
Solid Acacia chambered Body
Mahogany Neck w/dual action light weight truss rod
Rosewood fingerboard
Radius fingerboard
Pin Bridge
Macassar ebony fingerboard (12"radius), faceplate, and bridge
Bone Nut and Saddle
Pono 4 crystal passive Pickup

These Pono Electric Acacia Tenors are made in the Ko’olau Java factory. I loved it so much, I have ordered a $2300 Ko’olau CE-1, the Hawaiian version of this ukulele.

Photos 1 through 4 are my photos. Photo 5 is a photo from the Hawaiian Music Store ad showing the Pin Bridge better than I can (they take better photos than I do).

Price is $550 with free shipping to continental US. PayPal.

Last edited:
Can anyone tell me how to rotate a photo in my ad? Can't seem to figure out how to do that.
Also can anyone tell me how to edit my ad to have a BOLD ad title like all the other ads?
Thanks

Hopefully corrected link to Google Photos.

Last edited:
You don’t mention anything about the strings. Are they really steel strings? They don’t look like steel strings in the photo.

I guess I have to believe you. The ST sure sounds like steel. Anyway, I have both a tenor and baritone TE non steel and I love them. I play them through amps and people think they’re electric guitars. I use them a lot for jazz. Great necks and even without steel strings they are loud enough to enjoy unamplified. Good price for a great uke.

Last edited:
You don’t mention anything about the strings. Are they really steel strings? They don’t look like steel strings in the photo.

I guess I have to believe you. The ST sure sounds like steel. Anyway, I have both a tenor and baritone TE non steel and I love them. I play them through amps and people think they’re electric guitars. I use them a lot for jazz. Great necks and even without steel strings they are loud enough to enjoy unamplified. Good price for a great uke.

The first two aren't, and the last two are wound, going by the pics.

Yes the G and C strings are steel, the E and A are not.

I think you mean the G and C are merely wound. These are beautiful ukes nonetheless

You are absolutely correct the G and C are wound steel strings.

Can anyone tell me how to rotate a photo in my ad? Can't seem to figure out how to do that.
Also can anyone tell me how to edit my ad to have a BOLD ad title like all the other ads?
Thanks

On my computer, a heading is in bold until I click on it and read the thread. The next time I see the same heading, the "bold" has disappeared. Maybe the forum is just trying to tell you that you have already read this thread.

You are absolutely correct the G and C are wound steel strings.

Technically, they are not wound steel strings. They are nylon strings wound with a metal wire. There's a difference.

Yup, you are correct. I'm still learning and it looks like a long road....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom