WTB: Pono Tenor

Status
Not open for further replies.

thaidye39

Reaction score
Looking for a Pono Mango Tenor. Definitely matte.

Shipping would be to central Pennsylvania.

Last edited:
a follow-up bump - still looking for a matte Pono tenor!

You are looking for either a Pono MGT Double Bout, or a Pono MGTP Pineapple. I think they also offered a satin-finished Eight-String Mango Tenor as well, but I don't know the model designation. Originally the satin finish came on the base models. And the high gloss on the Deluxe and PC (Pro Classic) models. I don't know if that still holds true.

Last edited:
Yes. Pono mango double bout, not the pineapple shape. I’m also open to the acacia.

Do you have one for sale?

I highly recommend that you get a full setup.

I previously bought a Pono tenor (NOT from HMS), without having it setup and the strings were rather high. Subsequently had the setup done by a local guitar store service department. Big difference in playability.

Last edited:
I highly recommend that you get a full setup.

I previously bought a Pono tenor (NOT from HMS), without having it setup and the strings were rather high. Subsequently had the setup done by a local guitar store service department. Big difference in playability.

Agreed. I want it to be set up before it comes to me. Preferably from HMS, Mike or MIM. That’s why I’m looking here.

Tried to PM you about this but it's not working...I apologize if you receive this twenty times!

I have a slightly used Pono AT tenor made from honey-colored Acacia wood (not mango), with an ebony fretboard and a beautiful satin finish. I installed two snakewood strap buttons. The sound port was professionally installed by the previous owner and it really helps to hear what you're playing.

There are some very small dings around the binding, and picture #4 shows the worst one.

Set up was done by The Ukulele Site and the action is very nice. It has great volume and tone, and sounds very much like one of my custom-builds. I have too many ukuleles so I’m trying to reduce duplication and keep only the instruments that are distinctly different from each other.

Currently it is strung with a combination unmatched set of SouthCoast and Aquila wound low G string.

Asking $350 without shipping, and a nice new padded backpack gig bag is included, along with a Herco humidifier. If you’re interested, I’ll find out the cost to ship to your location, so you will know exactly what the price will be.

This uke is posted with pictures on Eugene Craigslist:
https://eugene.craigslist.org/msg/d/eugene-pono-acacia-tenor-ukulele/7125179624.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom