Aquila Squekless sugar strings finally available

I hope they are available in shops soon!

Dear Mimmo,

I will happily purchase the new sugar (and for guitar as well) but your site doesn't seem to list them as yet. Can you point to a link when we can precisely purchase the "new sugar", both for uke and guitar ?
Thanks in advance, keep up the good job.
Gilles

Mimmo,
Will you ever make a string that is thinner, rather than fat?
Aquilas are too fat for my fingers, and I had to get rid of them off one uke to stop the buzzes.
Thanks

Thnks guys,
Gilles T: they are already available but there are no changes in our on line store. The only differernce is that smal gold round label stick on each envelope written 'squeckledss'
Nickie: sorry but it is not possible to drop with the gauges; they are already thinner than the traditional standard nylon strings. The density of carbon strings is higher hence you can have thinner gauge. But with the Sugar not possible. However if you find that the tension is too much you can switch to other sets. Example. Our tenor strings are too tense? install the concert one. The concert are too tense? install the Soprano,.. Take care!
Mimmo

Thnks guys,
Gilles T: they are already available but there are no changes in our on line store. The only differernce is that smal gold round label stick on each envelope written 'squeckledss'
Nickie: sorry but it is not possible to drop with the gauges; they are already thinner than the traditional standard nylon strings. The density of carbon strings is higher hence you can have thinner gauge. But with the Sugar not possible. However if you find that the tension is too much you can switch to other sets. Example. Our tenor strings are too tense? install the concert one. The concert are too tense? install the Soprano,.. Take care!
Mimmo

Stringsbymail.com or stringsandbeyond.com have the new version? How can we tell?

Stringsbymail.com or stringsandbeyond.com have the new version? How can we tell?

I would like to know this too. Seems like vendors do not always indicate that what is being sold is the older iteration, or the "new and improved" version.

These two sting vendors are likely the most popular here in the USA, and it would be nice to know what you are getting in the mail when you order them.

It may come down to the string-maker company asking them to make this change, and have that be pushed forward through the distributor to that region of the world.

Can Mimmo verify any of this?

Hi guys,
these strings are available in our on line store since 3 days only.

Unfortunately, before to have them available in these big on line stores need many weeks. These big on line stores do not order us directly: there are a few very big distributors in USA and EU that order from us and then they distribute to the smaller real stores and to these big on line shops. Consider also the fact that we are in Corona virus times hence everything is absolutely slow. In USA especially.
So, in order to have them in the faster way the only option is to go in our on line store. In my opinion before that our big distributors will realize about these new Sugar a lot of time will be lost (it is the normal situation). In normal times all this long process take more or less 3-5 months.
In Corona virus times even twice.
But you can do some pressure to these big on line store so they ask to their own distributor to make things faster.
Mimmo

I did see the round label (sticker) on the front of the package.

I tried to look for them online and came to what looks like the Aquila Site in Italy. But I still could not locate these new squeakless ones for purchase.
Can someone post a direct link to the site? Thanks!

Last edited:
It’s got the little gold squeakless label when I go to the link, so yes.

Not sure why it’s €17.33 shipping on a set of strings to Canada though. They probably prefer to stick with wholesale business.

Same shipping costs to USA for three sets (so not quantity dependent). Includes tracking. So I cancelled order over shipping shock. But I may go ahead with order as per set is still competitive with some other premium strings.

Top Bottom