Hello from a dark and dreary SW PA!

JJMiller

Reaction score
Hey gang--

New member here. After playing guitar since 1988 (8th grade--lots of Ozzy and Metallica) I made the leap over to uke out of boredom and curiosity. Saw Paul McCartney live a few years ago and he talked about George's uke obsession. So when Alvarez made those Grateful Dead ukes a few years ago I figured I'd like to give it a shot.

A few years (and two new ukes) later, I'm working on right-hand technique like never before. (Funny how playing guitar all those years made me think the left hand was the important one.) Jumped from the Alvarez to a Pono Acacia Tenor and bought a Kala cedar/ziricote tenor for my wife, who decided I was having too much fun playing alone.

Now I'm just waiting for a Kanile'a Super Concert that I ordered from the Ukulele Site a few weeks ago...

Happy to be here! (THe Reddit groups weren't cutting it anymore.)

Hi, JJMiller! Welcome! I'm from NJ myself, and an ex-guitar player since youth also.It is rather dreary today, isn't it?. There are some interesting stories and videos about George's uke obsession on the internet. I do like your choice of ukes!

Welcome JJMiller! I am next door in West Virginia with family in Pittsburgh. Sounds like you have some lovely ukuleles.

Welcome to ukuleles and the Forum JJMiller from Wisconsin. Enjoy your new super concert.

I hope you and your wife have a blast playing together. Fun is what the uke is all about.

Top Bottom