FOR SALE: Oscar Schmidt Comfort Series Bass Uke

Status
Not open for further replies.

KohanMike

Los Angeles, Beverly Grove West
UU VIP
Reaction score
-SOLD- Oscar Schmidt by Washburn Comfort Series Bass Uke, 20.75" scale, 30" long. Like new condition. Flame maple top and body, rosewood arm rest and partial cutaway, tortoise binding (it's really good looking). Built in preamp/pickup with tuner. I modified the ceramic saddle for optimum pickup balance (these saddles tend to have one or more strings louder than the others), added Road Toad Pahoehoe black polyurethane smooth strings and it comes with a nice gig bag and strap, lowered the price to $175 plus shipping (about $25 ShipBikes/FedEx).

I wasn't planning on selling it, but I just ordered a custom 22.75" carved acoustic bass uke for $850, so between that and this one being a little too small for me, I'm selling. I bought it Feb. 11, 2020 from Butler Music via Amazon for $301.06.

Oscar for sale.JPG

Last edited:
Bump

This is Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly Grove near the Beverly Center
9 tenor cutaway ukes, 4 acoustic bass ukes, 12 solid body bass ukes, 14 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 39)

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
• Member The CC Strummers: YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, Facebook: www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

Good price! If it was fretless I'd be tempted. :p

Want me to post to the Facebook Ubass Freaks group?

Jim, I just looked at the Facebook page and realized why I dislike Facebook, it's just a long chat like that site that was suggested for UU, hate it, what a pain to navigate. But thanks for the offer.

Last edited:
Bump

9 tenor cutaway ukes, 4 acoustic bass ukes, 12 solid body bass ukes, 14 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 39)

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
• Member The CC Strummers: YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, Facebook: www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

Bump again. This is a very nice bass uke.

Please explain what bump and bump again mean.
Posts are sorted by the most recent comment in the forum. If you want your post to appear first, but don't have anything else to add to the discussion, it's called a "bump" as in "bump to the top". This practice is fairly common on the Marketplace which sees a lot of activity and can push posts off the first page quickly.

That is a looker for sure, try Ubass Freaks, there's lots of Ubass Freaks there...:rofl:

Jim, I just looked at the Facebook page and realized why I dislike Facebook, it's just a long chat like that site that was suggested for UU, hate it, what a pain to navigate. But thanks for the offer.

I did sign on to UBass Freaks and to Facebook Ukulele Group as well. Getting more comfortable so I take back what I said. I posted the Oscar Schmidt, but so far no takers. In fact, those two are much more active than Cosmos.

I just discovered that a person on the Facebook group UBass Freaks sent me a message in May to buy the bass, but I never received a notice. I just replied to her, but who knows? I have to say, I think Facebook is a terrible way to communicate, to read through messages you constantly have to expand the thread, it's a jumble of posts, the interface is inconsistent, give me a real forum anytime like UU and Talk Bass.

i’ll Take it if it sounds as good as a Hadean Ubass

I’ll take it if it sounds as good as a Hadean Ubass.

Kim Jørgensen

Ship to San Anselmo, CA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom