Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gotta Keep Looking

Default Gotta Keep Looking

I wanted to add black parts to my Aklot Bamboo uke. Amazon didn't have anything, but eBay did. I ordered a black nut and saddle three weeks ago, but they won't arrive from China till the middle of June - hopefully. I paid $2.70, delivered, but now they are $1.25.

I just looked on Amazon again, and they have the black nut and saddle, so I ordered the set. It will arrive on Wednesday, $6.70, delivered.

So, if you don't find what you want, keep looking.
    Too many ukes, but I can't stop buying!
    https://www.catskillukulelegroup.com/

I love a black nut and saddle. Would love to add both to my Kanile'a.
    Kamaka HF-3DC - Kanile'a Custom Tenor - KoAloha KTM-S00 - Pono MGTP5-PC

Quote Originally Posted by Jerryc41 View Post
    I wanted to add black parts to my Aklot Bamboo uke. Amazon didn't have anything, but eBay did. I ordered a black nut and saddle three weeks ago, but they won't arrive from China till the middle of June - hopefully. I paid $2.70, delivered, but now they are $1.25.

I just looked on Amazon again, and they have the black nut and saddle, so I ordered the set. It will arrive on Wednesday, $6.70, delivered.

So, if you don't find what you want, keep looking.
    So are the ones from China still on the way, or could you cancel that order?
    I don't want to live in a world that is linear.

I just want everyone to understand that I am not a ukulele expert, even though it may look at times like I'm pretending to be.

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_n...tective+Agency

For $2.70 it's probably not worth the hassle of cancelling. Just keep them in the stash for the next need. My crystal ball tells me that Jerry's going to get another new uke. It's a bit hazy on exactly how many he'll get before mid June

I ordered my set from Amazon in December when I also ordered the Aklot uke. I knew Chinese New Year was coming up so I avoided ordering from there.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This is Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly Grove near the Beverly Center
    9 tenor cutaway ukes, 4 acoustic bass ukes, 12 solid body bass ukes, 14 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 39)

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
    • Member The CC Strummers: YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, Facebook: www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

My son's Kala has that combo, looks really good on the solid spruce top. Doesn't Nubone make a set?

Here'a what mine looks like with black nut, saddle, stick on fret markers, strap buttons, string beads and strings.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcy View Post
    For $2.70 it's probably not worth the hassle of cancelling. Just keep them in the stash for the next need. My crystal ball tells me that Jerry's going to get another new uke. It's a bit hazy on exactly how many he'll get before mid June
    No, I won't cancel. I like having extra parts. As for buying another uke, that's not in my plans. However, I did return the red Lava tenor yesterday, so I am down to 79. I have plans to make two more, one from a tennis racket and one using a license plate, so I'll see how that goes. If I keep at it, I'll have two more by June, but they're not top priority.

Quote Originally Posted by kohanmike View Post
    Here'a what mine looks like with black nut, saddle, stick on fret markers, strap buttons, string beads and strings.

That's very nice. Mine is basically monochrome now. I don't think I have black beads. I'll have to check. Where did you get them? I bought a bag of hundreds in different colors, but I suspect they're too small.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerryc41 View Post
    That's very nice. Mine is basically monochrome now. I don't think I have black beads. I'll have to check. Where did you get them? I bought a bag of hundreds in different colors, but I suspect they're too small.
    I got two sizes just to make sure 4mm and 6mm, I used the 4mm, from JOANN Fabrics and Crafts, or any local crafts store. They come in a long string.

Thread Information