Hello from Kentucky

kregger

Reaction score
Just started playing in Feb. Never played a musical instrument before. Figured I'd quit "Youtubing" ukulele covers of my favorite songs and just go ahead and learn to play it myself. I've already concluded that my uke will be a lifelong companion, so today I went ahead and ordered a Koaloha KTM-00. I'm hoping this will keep me from dropping $200 here, $300 there, on lesser quality ukes. I don't have much money, but since I don't have any other hobbies (occasionally paint) or vices, I figured it'd be okay to splurge on this one area in my life.

So far I can play VERY muddy versions of:

Hotel California
Something - The Beatles
Fur Elise
Pachelbel's Canon
Mad World (Gary Jules' version)

About to start Sleepwalk by Santo & Johnny

Anyway look forward to gleaning much uke knowledge from this forum. Thanks for having me.

Welcome to UU, Kregger!
I like your reasoning for treating yourself to a top instrument, so I hope your KoAloha will bring you lots of joy!

Welcome to the UU, Kregger, and congratulations on the splurge. I love my KoAloha KCM-000...it is such a joy to play. I’m sure your tenor will be equally as satisfying for you. Enjoy the journey!

Jan

Welcome to the forums! Your KoAloha is a very good choice!

My daughter is in Grayson. Kentucky is such a pretty state.

Welcome to the Forum Kregger! You have an excellent plan. You found out you love the uke. Now you've purchased a fantastic, quality uke that can last a lifetime. I'm sure you will enjoy your Ko'Aloha tenor. They have a great sound and the neck is a joy to play. (I love to play my older KTM-00.) Have fun with yours and enjoy the Forum.

Hi kregger, fellow Kentuckian here, and also a new member. I wish you the best of luck on your musical journey!

Top Bottom