Season 430 - Travel

YorkSteve

Still strummin'
UU VIP
Reaction score

This Season I want to hear songs about travel. If we can’t do it, at least we can sing about it, and maybe one day...
Any songs about going places, whether it’s by plane, boat, road, foot, whatever.
Covers or originals.
All the usual rules – ukulele must be featured, whether solo or part of a huge lockdown overdub production.
Recordings must be new this week.
A limit of one song per person per day, to give me a chance to keep up (you never know, I might have something else to do), and I will add my comments on YouTube.
Everybody welcome to take part, old & new Seasonistas. Come on down.
Starts 00:01 Hawaii time, Sunday 10th. Ends 24:00 Hawaii time, Sunday 17th.
The Playlist is HERE
Over to you....

Last edited:
Great idea Steve! Thanks for hosting here and for the weekly zoom meetup as well. Great group of folks today ~

Greetings,

Great idea! Fantastic. Thinking......and dreaming......and hoping......

Ciao

Phew, posted this to see if I could be the first one. I’ve never been first before ;). Anyway, great song written by Tom Robinson off The Tom Robinson Band’s first album Power In The Darkness. Saw TRB in about ‘78 at the Birmingham Odeon. What a great gig. Support was Stiff Little Fingers.

Last edited:
Thanks for reminding me Steve (as if I needed reminding)...I was due for a weeks holiday in Rarotonga , Cook Islands next week. A little Pacific island in the middle of nowhere. It's still Covid free so no wonder they won't let me in :). But I've still got a job and am still alive. So no complaints here! I'll get there sometime.
I've included images from another holiday I had. Condors in Colca Canyon in Peru.
Joni Mitchell's "Urge for Going". A very early song of hers.

Gonna get this one in hopefully before John as I feel like he might have a go at it to as a Brummie with a penchant for Britpop. It's by Ocean Colour Scene

Hello, Steve ... the horizons for this week are endless! This is the first song I thought of. I must apologise, I have got really bad hay fever at the moment (nothing worse!), and my voice has gone down by a couple of octaves, which makes me sound a bit predatory ... and that, of course, is the only way to be when you are closeted on a boat with the man of your dreams! (The fact that he is trying to escape is neither here nor there!)

Last edited:
This has taken about 4or5 hours for videopad to save it in YouTube format ☹️
Anyhow, it's Cliff Richard's travelling light. Whatever a travelling light is, I suppose it's lightweight, portable and battery powered, bit like a torch really ����

Travelling Light

Nice to see you & everyone else last night at your Zoom Party.

Well, we are off to a flying start. I make that 10 songs in the first 7 hours. I am almost afraid to step away from the PC for too long in case I never catch up.

Especially looking forward to songs about walking to join the queue outside the village shop to get milk & bread, pretty much the only travelling I have done for the last six weeks.

Sounds awesome, Steve! I’ve been pretty much in my home for over 2 months straight, barring a few ‘curb-side’ veterinarian appointments. I used to love to get in my car and have a drive — even if just to the local places — and for vacation get-aways. Typically, during ‘usual times,’ I’d put 1000 miles per month on my car; think I’ve put, maybe, less than a hundred miles in 2 months. Speaking of driving: I recently learned that one of the states, here in the U.S., had pulled over citizens for taking what they called a ‘scenic drive’ to get out of the house for a bit — and these drivers were fined $1,000 for doing so. YIKES!

Sounds awesome, Steve! I’ve been pretty much in my home for over 2 months straight, barring a few ‘curb-side’ veterinarian appointments. I used to love to get in my car and have a drive — even if just to the local places — and for vacation get-aways. Typically, during ‘usual times,’ I’d put 1000 miles per month on my car; think I’ve put, maybe, less than a hundred miles in 2 months. Speaking of driving: I recently learned that one of the states, here in the U.S., had pulled over citizens for taking what they called a ‘scenic drive’ to get out of the house for a bit — and these drivers were fined $1,000 for doing so. YIKES!

I filled the car up on 17th March, when our lockdown in France started ... I still have half a tank and I don't think I filled it much past the half-way point. I've been out approximately three times since then ... only to visit our local supermarket and the pharmacy. As of tomorrow, our lockdown will be lifted in that we will no longer have to fill in a form explaining the reason for our outing, in case we are stopped by the police and we will be allowed to go on journeys of 100 kms. from home. I doubt that we will be travelling far, but I might choose a more "scenic" route over the hills to get to the supermarket. But what the heck ... it's raining at the moment! Meanwhile, I shall indulge myself in travelling "by proxy", courtesy of your splendid theme this week, Steve.

Top Bottom