Season 430 - Travel

thought I may have posted 2 vids in one day but my previous vid was done yesterday, Thursday here in Australia - and this is Friday's (in Australia) vid ......

Cheers for hosting this one Steve. Here's my 'lil offering ………

thought I may have posted 2 vids in one day but my previous vid was done yesterday, Thursday here in Australia - and this is Friday's (in Australia) vid ......
You don't think I'm paying attention to those rules do you?

Must be time for some Depeche Mode!

So here’s something a little different - a journey through the mind prompted by sensual stimulation. At least that’s how I’ve always interpreted it. An alternative means of travel - appropriate for the the times in which we find ourselves, maybe? :)

One of my fave Depeche Mode songs of all time!

The first of three this week... all vaguely connected with travel, but certainly involving movement from A to B.

In this first one, my narrator has a dilemma - turn around and risk the Wrath of the Dragon or continue on and risk death.

Hope you enjoy:

Here is an original song I wrote about traveling to GNUF - the Grand Northern Ukulele Festival- last year. It was performed on Mim's open mic stage. Finally got around to recording it this past week.

OK, well, this may be frowned upon and/or highly unusual to ask...but, can I make a request for this week’s theme, Seasonistas? I would LOVE for someone cover ‘Turn The Page’ (Bob Seeger or Metallica!) I don’t have the skilllzzzzzz to pull this one off — but, I know my Seasonista peeps do! Pretty please, pretty please!!!! :iwant::music::smileybounce:

Joe Shields is a singer/songwriter and he performs some wonderful and weird songs as Cousin Joe Twoshacks. This is one of his more serious songs is off his Toads and rocks CD. All the songs from that CD have been illustrated by cartoon artists and if you are looking for something to brighten up lockdown then check them out especially the Deep End cartoon. Joe himself is the cartoonist Joe Cartoon, and perhaps he is more famous for his raunchy cartoon characters like Trump in a blender.

Here is an original song I wrote about traveling to GNUF - the Grand Northern Ukulele Festival- last year. It was performed on Mim's open mic stage. Finally got around to recording it this past week.

Myrna!!! I haven't noticed a post from you in a long time! Where have you been???

-Kurt​

Wayfaring Stranger

A pilgrim's a traveller :)

Also. Today is the 11th anniversary of me buying my first uke. The Mahalo soprano with which I won a Guinness World Record just one month later. Also the uke I took to the Albert Hall to play with the Ukulele Orchestra of Great Britain later that summer.

Last edited:
Nice concept, but not much of a tune.

#59 on the playlist :D

Last edited:
My Daughter shared this explanation of our Government's wonderfully clear new rules.

Aren't our government wonderful :worship:

I think your daughter has cracked what many of us lesser mortals have failed to do. Our daughter has 3 boys and working on recommendations the 6 yeat old would go back to school with a chance of bringing the virus home to his younger and older brothers I'm on 12 week lockdown being at risk and to be honest totally bamboozled Enough political rant from me I'm enjoying some good music on UU

My second song deals with a protagonist who has to escape from the city. The plans have been made for such an escape and are put into operation. But every perfect plan can fail due to human error. And the consequences of "Going for Darkness" can be devastating.

NOTE: The "Mossos" mentioned are the Catalan police and Carmel is a poor, run down district of Barcelona, but one with its own character.

Hope you enjoy:

Richard Thompson song about another pilgrim making a journey. ThinkmI might have done this one before on concert uke for someone else’s Season, but it just seems to fit this one too, on bari this time.

Andy Warhol's "superstars" traveled different paths to the Factory in NYC. Lou Reed wrote this catchy number about a few of their trips.

Top Bottom