Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Paisen Rosewood Concert Ukulele - REVIEW

Quote Originally Posted by OregonJim View Post
    Yes, they are cheap tuners. Mine aren't wobbly or causing buzz like you demonstrated in your video, but I attribute that to luck of the draw. No sharp frets here, either. The main point I'm trying to make is that a sample of one can be misleading. Thank you for the review.
    Yes, of course it can and I make that point in many reviews.

However.. what am I supposed to do? Ignore those issues on the basis that someone else may have a good example?
    The GOT A UKULELE REVIEWS DATABASE!

Help Support Got A Ukulele!

Ukes include (!) Kanile'a K1 Tenor, Tinguitar custom solid tenor, Fluke, Flea, Tinguitar Reclaimed Mahogany soprano, KM Ukuleles Dreadnought Concert, Brüko walnut soprano

Quote Originally Posted by bazmaz View Post

However.. what am I supposed to do? Ignore those issues on the basis that someone else may have a good example?
    I'm not suggesting that at all. Just adding my own experience alongside yours for the benefit of others.

Quote Originally Posted by bazmaz View Post
    Yes, of course it can and I make that point in many reviews.

Some might say that favorable reviews are slanted because the reviewer gets "pick of the litter" instruments. Others might say that less favorable reviews are slanted because the reviewer got an "unlucky-bad" instrument.

Confucious say: People like reviews that support their own opinions, and dislike reviews that run contrary to their own opinions. Kung hee fat choy, I am very wise boy!
    Make UU smile: Support the Forum.

What I try to do with the 'unlucky bad' ones i get is distinguish between the issues that are fixable and those that are less so.

I tend not to get too fazed by an instrument arriving with high action, or even sharp frets because they can be fixed easily. I do get more concerned by badly set bridges, bridges in the wrong place and that kind of thing.

Both are examples of poor quality control of course.

Ukes include (!) Kanile'a K1 Tenor, Tinguitar custom solid tenor, Fluke, Flea, Tinguitar Reclaimed Mahogany soprano, KM Ukuleles Dreadnought Concert, Brüko walnut soprano

Hi Barry, two points:

I'm curious at your description of the sound hole design of these ukes as a "vine / oak leaf ". I always thought it was a fish. I don't see the leave there.

Second, there are a number of Chinese ukes with this same model. A couple of years ago I bought one from Caramel because they said it was solid rosewood. For what I can see through the several mini sound holes, it is solid wood, rather thick, but solid. I say this, just to add to the piece that you could get a solid wood one.

Thanks for your reviews

Eugenio

Quote Originally Posted by emarcano View Post
    Hi Barry, two points:

I'm curious at your description of the sound hole design of these ukes as a "vine / oak leaf ". I always thought it was a fish. I don't see the leave there.

Second, there are a number of Chinese ukes with this same model. A couple of years ago I bought one from Caramel because they said it was solid rosewood. For what I can see through the several mini sound holes, it is solid wood, rather thick, but solid. I say this, just to add to the piece that you could get a solid wood one.

Thanks for your reviews

Eugenio
    The original concept was indeed leaves. Loook close at these and you see they ARE indeed leaves. Paisen have also contacted me since and referred to them as leaves.

And yes - there are actually LOADS of others (My count got to at least 8) that use similar designs. Paisen said my comment that it was prevalent was 'unfair'.... I beg to differ.

Thread Information