FS - Black bear soprano made of macademia

f2fanatic

Reaction score
This is a soprano size uke made of more than 20 years old macademia for the body. The neck is Mango wood with a graphite truss rod. Although the mango does have worm holes, there are no worms, very unique looking wood. I have bought this a few years back from Duane but unfortunatly, it never gets played, the size does not fit my hands, I am more of a tenor and at the limit a concert guy. I guess I picked it up no more than 15-20 times during all this the time, I wanted to have ukes in all sizes but my bad. Presently strung with Fremont Blacklines strings,

The price is $550 US shipped to you in its case and the original cardboard box from Duane. This price is firm because I have evaluated the shipping to around 50$-60$ in the US or Canada. I have bought and sold most of my ukes here over time but none recently. Payment by Paypal or money transfer.

Soud sample, don't judge me please https://soundcloud.com/f2fanatic/blackbear
Photos https://photos.app.goo.gl/GvSvzHQhFB8fnwQv8

Thanks
Michel

Attachments

• _1110050.jpg
    _1110050.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 322
Last edited:
I don't believe Duane is making many ukuleles nowadays... I have not seen a new one posted here in a year or more. My Black Bear soprano has excellent volume and projection, and extremely precise intonation. From what I have heard others on this forum say, Black Bears are known for these qualities.

If you are into soprano, this is a rare and excellent value!

Michel, your photos don't do the macadamia justice. Those were some of the coolest ukuleles Duane made and the wood really shimmers. It's unique and beautiful, with a great tone similar to Cuban mahogany. I had a pineapple soprano for a while. Have always regretted selling it! I'm flush with sopranos at the moment or I'd snap this one up. Best of luck!

-Steve

Thanks to both of you for your comments that are spot on. If it was not for its size, or if I had smaller hands, this would never leave my home, but it is still here for now :D

That sure is a beauty! Duane's instruments were always very highly regarded.

Just so people know, I have retired from building and repairing ukes, except for the warranty work (if that should ever come up). Thanks for all the support and interest in my work. Regards,

Duane

Just so people know, I have retired from building and repairing ukes, except for the warranty work (if that should ever come up). Thanks for all the support and interest in my work. Regards,

Duane

Dear Duane,

I cherish the hog and honey locust sopranos I have from you. Just wanted to wish you good health and spirits in days to come! Linda :)

The uke is in Quebec, Canada. Sorry to hear that you stopped building Duane, I hope it was a decision that was not forced by health issues, take care.
Michel

Good news and bad news :drool: The good first, I will take 500$ shipped to you (unless you live very far and the amount is more than 60$ to me) and this will be the first and last price reduction. The bad :music: I will keep if it does not sell and maybe it will become like a stradivarius with time since Duane stopped making them :D Because of the new price, I will accept only money transfers or Paypal gift.
Regards
Michel

Sorry I lied on my previous post, THIS is the last chance you have to own this nice Black bear. The price is now 460$ shipped (unless you live very far and the shipping is more than 60$ to me). Because of the new price, I will accept only money transfers or Paypal gift.
Regards
Michel

Top Bottom