Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FS: Ono, Collings and Collings

Default FS: Ono, Collings and Collings

I was in a pretty serious boating accident last winter and have some mounting medical bills. I am selling 3 of my nicer ukuleles to cover some of those medical bills.

I purchased all of the ukuleles used and were all were players in their previous lifetimes, so there are no like new collector pieces available. As such, there are typical playwear markings along with a few small finish blemishes, dents and dings. Any other issues are called out in each instruments description below. Please see each instruments photo album.

All prices include usps priority shipping to CONUS and PayPal fees. Payment accepted via PayPal good and services only. No trades.

PM or email arob54(at)gmail(dot)com

Thanks for looking

18” Ono Wahoo Tenor - SOLD

Collings UT2 #903 - SOLD

Collings UT2 #1028 - SOLD

Last edited by Arob54; 06-15-2020 at 06:30 AM. Reason: All instruments sold. Thanks UU

Howdy,

Just an FYI... I am obviously not familiar with what actual damage may have (or may not have) been done to this ukulele because of too much humidity, but there definitively should be a gap between the edges of the bridge and the top on all Collings ukuleles. This was done intentionally by Collings. The bridges are routed around the edges so that the edges of the bridge will extend slightly over the finished top of the ukulele (I hope this makes sense).

Secondly, I don't know what exactly is meant by "waviness", but there should be a little bit of a "belly" in the bridge area of a Collings ukulele.

Lastly. I'd like to add that these seem like good prices. Not too long ago, I sold one of my custom figured mahogany UT2's for $2200. I have another custom figured UT2 that I've twice been offered $2400 for. Mine both had/have the edition of purfling. Even though I can't play a ukulele at the moment, I've been holding onto my last one because it is such great instrument.

Stay well,

Ryan

Agree with everything Ryan said about the Collings ukuleles. Without seeing them first hand, I can't fully judge, but from what you say and from your photos I don't see anything egregious here at all. Certainly appreciate the full disclosure though. Those are indeed some great instruments and someone will be stoked to get them. Sorry to hear about your misfortune and best of luck with the sales.

-Steve

I appreciate the responses from both of you. It is not egregious by any means but it’s present, and more so than the other one. Neither Collings or the luthier were concerned, but I’d hate for someone to get it, take issue and feel it was undisclosed.

Thank you for the well wishes, it was a tough lesson learned the hard way...do not try and stop a wind provoked fight between the dock and the hull of a boat with your hand/wrist/arm.

Good luck with the sale Andy. I'm still playing (and loving) the Moonbird tenor you sold me last Fall. Andy disclosed minor blemish stuff about the Moonbird, most of which I never would have noticed, none of which were any big deal. Straight-up seller!

Arob54 is a great guy! I can vouch for him.
    I need to sleep over it, but might just pick up one from here..

Hey Andy! (Sneaky "Mayberry RFD" reference.)

Really sorry to hear about your boating mishap. That really sucks. I hope you recover quickly.

I purchased a Ko'Aloha tenor from Andy last year. Excellent transaction for a terrific tenor. And a great guy.

Best of luck man. I hope everything works out.
    There is a subtle yet profound difference between the learning of something and the knowing of that thing.
    You can learn by reading, but you don’t begin to know until you begin to try to do.

—Lou Churchill, Plane & Pilot Magazine

Thanks for all the votes of confidence Gordon, Kernel and Ken. I appreciate it. Thanks for all the inquiries from everyone, I believe I have replied to all the PM’s. Please reach out if you haven’t heard back from me.

Man, that sunburst Collings is gorgeous! I'd be sorely tempted if I weren't already covered up with ukuleles, and just recently purchased a few more.

I know that Andy is a straight-up guy, and he's meticulous with his ukes. He bought a Mainland Concert from me in 2018 and then later sold it here, highlighting blemishes I hadn't even noticed in the five years I owned it! You can buy any of these instruments with confidence from Arob54.
    Last edited by Steedy; 05-16-2020 at 08:19 PM. Reason: corrected sale date to 2018
    If music be the food of love, play on! -Bill Shakespeare

Thread Information