Neck separation

bunnyf

Reaction score
I just noticed this “crack” at the neck joint of my LoPrinzi soprano. There is a black binding around the neck joint and it appears to be separating along that binding on both the bass and treble side, starting from the back. Is this something I can re-glue myself and if so, how?3C3EE217-370F-4D3E-9C3D-1F9558BA8D5B.jpgD6EFC375-C0F5-4A27-B973-D3E9F4C09D89.jpg3C3EE217-370F-4D3E-9C3D-1F9558BA8D5B.jpg

You can put a bunch of glue in the separation, but it won't hold long. Send it to the maker and let them do a proper job of repair. They built it, they know best.

It’s a lovely uke that I’ve had for many years. I think the separation may have be caused by playing a lot during this pandemic and going from hot sunny humid lanai back into the cold air conditioned interior. It may also have been compounded by fifths tuning and it’s greater tension. Anyway, I titebonded it today and will wait a couple days to tune up. I may consider tuning down a step to keep tension lower. If it opens right up, I’ll have to send it out. I don’t go out unnecessarily at this time, so I’m hoping the tight bond works.

Top Bottom