Silvertone Baritone needs strings?

Sallybee

Reaction score
I bought this beauty just after the pandemic and learning but in love with the mellow sounds..one string at least is a metal wound string but no idea what’s on there. When I replace, I don’t want to change the sound so what do I order please?

Tia

An older 'ukulele like a Silvertone has probably had many string changes with the passing of time. There are many string varieties available. You could ask a good music store for a guess, and they might do better than online guessers, but might not.

Martin sells strings for the Baritone, and they have a wound string in the mix.

https://www.martinguitar.com/1833-shop/ukulele/c-24/p-1324/

You could try this, but there are no guarantees. String preference is so very personal I recommend you try several over the course of time and keep notes. Most string sets for a baritone will include some wound strings.

It's most likely not a metal string, but a wound nylon. If you fit a metal string, you are likely to wreck the ukulele.
You need the d string from a classical guitar set. Or a whole set of strings for a baritone uke, which normally has two wound strings.

I ordered the 5 string set of living waters for my outdoor tenor and if that goes well maybe.. still hoping I hear from Jake. I may trying calling as they are open again.

I ordered the 5 string set of living waters for my outdoor tenor and if that goes well maybe.. still hoping I hear from Jake. I may trying calling as they are open again.

Yes, it might be better to call. Sometimes he is swamped with repair work, shop, family.

Top Bottom