New banjolele tuning

Oshaunessy

Reaction score
I just got a Luna 8” banjolele. It is beautiful and I love the sound...except some chords sound out of tune. I measured for the bridge, tuned open, and then at the 12th fret. That sounds perfect. Open strings are in tune. Some chords sound great...c, g...but some...f, d sound wrong...just wrong. I’m at a bit of a loss...

Help me, please!

Sounds like the nut may be too high. High action at the nut can definitely cause fretted notes to be out of tune

Is there a way for me to fix this or is it something I need to have professionally fixed? I have absolutely no experience fixing anything on my ukuleles.

I want to thank you again. I took your suggestion and visited that shop. They were amazingly helpful and they fixed the issue. Additionally, I found them to be a great source of information for me. I plan to visit them many times in the future!

I want to thank you again. I took your suggestion and visited that shop. They were amazingly helpful and they fixed the issue. Additionally, I found them to be a great source of information for me. I plan to visit them many times in the future!
Awesome! :shaka:

Top Bottom