FS Custom steel string electric ukulele ,19 inch scale

Status
Not open for further replies.

strumsilly

Reaction score
when I lived in WA, I asked a local luthier, Ron Hyde, to fix an old Vega Arthur Godfrey baritone. The uke was toast, but it had a really nice neck so he built an electric and used the neck. It plays like butter and sounds great. Uses the top 4 strings from an extra- light electric set. I'm not sure what tuners or pick up he used. they look vintage. simple electronics, just a volume knob. I had a lot of fun playing it through a Fender G DEC modeling amp, which I can also sell . it's really just a mini 4 string electric guitar tuned GCEA, but with different strings could be altered. The body is solid cherry, and the stickers are removable. The neck has nice big MOP dot inlays, and side markers on the 5,7,10, and 2 on the 12th.
Since this is a one of a kind, if you purchase it and you aren't thrilled , I'll take it back, just cover the shipping both ways. This fit in a baritone case, but I sold all my bari's so sorry , no case.
$325 shipped CONUSRosa.jpgRisa2.jpgRisa3.jpgRosa1.jpgRisa4.jpg

Last edited:
That is great you could repurpose the neck. Very cool result.

Best of luck with the sale. Looks like a big-fun instrument.

since there doesn't seem to be any interest. I'll just keep it . It's a really easy player with the steel strings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom