Season 431 - Dedications

joo

Reaction score
Hello everyone and welcome to Season 431.

This week is about dedications:

to our fellow seasonistas, to a friend or family member, a pet,
past or present, to someone you love.

record a cover or write and record any new song for this week and dedicate it to someone you care for.

It would be nice if you can say a little about the one you are dedicating the song to, and why you are making that dedication. But if you prefer not to, it is cool. Just let your entry do the talking.

No limit on entries. We just want you to enjoy yourself this week.
Please continue to show our friends here our support and appreciation of who they are and what they do.

That's all, folks!
Hope you all have a fun week!
Joo and Jon
PS. we promise we won't let the other person delete our channel or playlist! :eek:

PLAYLIST

Last edited:
Thanks John!
We think it is a nice theme and we are both looking forward to the entries!

Hello everybody,
I want to dedicate this song to all of you, because in this difficult time we have to be brave and cannot go out to celebrate life. We cannot go out to our „Club at the end of the Street“. As well I want do dedicate the time of our youth, the dancing in Disco-Clubs. I want to dedicate this joyful song to Sir Elton John and last but not least I want to dedicate this wonderful song to my little DIY-Disco-Uke. From today this little Uke will be named „Sir Elton“. Wish you all the best and have fun!

i'd dedicate this song to my friend in Poland - if i walked 500 miles and then 500 more i'd only be a few miles from her door, so when i fell down she could come out in her car and pick me up ...

grandparent have an easier time with their grandchildren than they do with their own children... there is no pressure.
Iona and Eden sent me an audio clip of them singing in harmony. I did not know the meaning of their jingle
but I made a video to send back to them on WhatsApp.

I now see that Brian has also done a video on grand children and grandparents and how we as grandparents
are in the sunset years... how is that for serendipity? Anyways this is dedicated to Iona and Eden, the bright morning stars.

Last edited:
Dedicated to Florence Nightingale founder of modern nursing born 100 years ago in May 1820 and to all the medical,nursing and ancillary staff and carers helping us to get through this pandemic

Dreaming

Dedicated to the one I love. :)

Code:
Dreaming

G
Sprawled in sleep across her bed, arm thrown across my chest
    C                                      G
The flutter of her hand tells me she's dreaming
D
In the dark I lie awake
Waiting for dawn to break
  C                              G
I listen to her heart a-softly beating

G
In the early dawn, as in her dreams she softly moans,
         C                               G
My whole world lies beside me in that bedroom
D
Very soon the day will call
'N'All that's held her this night in thrall,
C                                            G
Those spells & dreams, they'll surely all be broken

G
The light outside is grey, it's another working day
      C                               G
But before the radio-alarm comes calling.
D
I lie & pray my dream won't end
That I get this one life to spend
C                                G
Listening to my loved one's dawn dreaming

My friends at the Raleigh Uke Jam have become irreplaceable parts of my life. We often close our evenings with this one, so here you go. (Would have fit in Steve's season, but I think he outlawed it ... )

Hey, everybody! Joo and Jon ~ Thank you so much for hosting SOTU #431! Your theme for this week is awesome! Can’t wait to jump in — looking forward to everyone’s entries this week!

Great theme Joo and Jon! So many things immediately come to mind for this theme! It would take much longer than a week to do them all! I look forward to following the week and bearing witness to the dedicatory entries ~

Cheers Joo and Jon. My dedication is to all the families who play music together. Plenty in these parts- including your good selves. Here is one from my favourite musical siblings The Avett Brothers.

Joo and Jon! It seems like it was just yesterday that I was in your kitchen. Excuse me for being cynical and sarcastic in this video. 4 out of 5 of my last vids have involved the same person in one way or another, and today marks 1 week since she's called.

Hey, everybody! Joo and Jon ~ Thank you so much for hosting SOTU #431! Your theme for this week is awesome! Can’t wait to jump in — looking forward to everyone’s entries this week!

Looking forward to your entries, Chelle!

Great theme Joo and Jon! So many things immediately come to mind for this theme! It would take much longer than a week to do them all! I look forward to following the week and bearing witness to the dedicatory entries ~

I look forward to your entry, too, Kev!

What a wonderful start to this week.
I have watched and commented on all the entries and have thoroughly enjoyed every one of them.
There are 3 that really stood out for me.
Brian's original that he dedicates to his grand kids and Rob's
"collab" with his.
Also, stanat20 ( Stanley) 's heartfelt cover of A Nightingale sang in Berkely square.

Thank you all for your lovely entries so far. Looking forward to what you all will bring next.
Cheers.

Last edited:
Eric Velasco's Isolation Blues

Thanks to Brian who gave his 'went" on Eric's gorgeous original called Isolation Blues, I am going to extend this week's theme to also making a cover of this song, if anyone of you is interested.

You can listen to Eric's original here.
https://ericvelasco1.bandcamp.com/track/isolation-blues

Top Bottom