Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Season 431 - Dedications

Howdy Gang,many thanks Joo for hosting a fab season.
    My entry for the ongoing Seasons of the Ukulele, this weeks theme is dedication, my dedication is in my entry, for some reason i just couldn't get the song right this week over 10 takes,but when i play it without a camera its fine,life hey ! plus my voice is a bit croaky today so i apologise for a not very polished song as they say you cant polish a turd

"I'm Playing all the Right Notes, just not necesserarily in the Right Order " - Eric Morecambe

UKETUBES: UkuleleDaveey

As Joo has told me to "Keep them Coming" here is another of my FAWM harvest.

Background: When I first came to Catalunya, it was such a new world to me. I didn't know the social rules and I couldn't speak the language very well. Without knowing it, there was one particular phrase I was about to learn and would soon wish I hadn't... The title of this song.

When you are well versed in a particular culture and you move to another you can find yourself acting more naively in the new social milieu than you would back where you came from. That's what happened to me, as this song reveals. I was broken by the experience for a while, but thank goodness she did what she did. We were definitely NOT made for each other...

Hope you enjoy:

Epiphone Les Paul (Red) Concert
    Kala KA FMTE - C (Low G)
    Steel Strung Hora Baritone
    Korala Baritone UKB 36
    Eugene Customised Tanglewood TU5 Baritone (High D)
    Yamaha GL1 Guitarlele
    Baritone Ukulele Banjo
    Oscar Schmidt 8 String Tenor
    Oscar Schmidt 6 String Tenor
    Jack Daniels Tenor - by Peavey
    Mainland Red Cedar Concert
    Korala Soprano Mahogany Electro Acoustic Cutaway
    Tenor Resonator Ukulele HB CLU 34-T
    Alida Electric Tenor
    Harley Benton CLU-Bass

Dedicated to the dedicated ones

Another "Skirmish" song from me - written, recorded and posted within an hour of seeing the prompt: Circus.

This one is dedicated to Circ Raluy Legacy a fabulous family circus in Catalonia who travel around the country in traditional circus vans and do a very traditional circus show with "The Luigi Brothers" later becoming "The Fabulous Strombolis" etc. It is a real treat for those nostalgic for a real circus (minus the animals, of course).

Funny anecdote. The first time I went to see them we got there early and I was asking the lass on the ticket office something in Spanish. She looked puzzled and said in Spanish. "Sorry, I don't understand. I don't speak much Spanish."
    "Do you speak English?" I asked
    "Yeh, course I do!" she replied in a thick Scouse accent.
    It turned out she was an acrobat from Liverpool. We had a good old chin wag before the other customers started turning up. True to the tradition, she was later an acrobat, a clown and a magician's assistant. Each time under another name.

Here is a video taster of Circ Raluy's

Hope you enjoy:

Kala KA FMTE - C (Low G)
    Korala Baritone UKB 36
    Yamaha GL1 Guitarlele
    Baritone Ukulele Banjo
    Alida Electric Tenor
    Harley Benton CLU-Bass

Quote Originally Posted by Jerryc41 View Post
    When you're in front of a camera, you don't want any bright light to be behind you. It's called backlighting. The camera is reacting to the light it sees as you move your head.

Some ideas for lighting -

https://www.google.com/search?q=good...hrome&ie=UTF-8
    Hi Jerry. Yeah I realised afterwards that it was my phone camera trying to adjust its exposure whenever I moved. Still amazed at how sensitive these camera lenses can be. Just thinking how often our eyes do that everyday feels incredible. No wonder they get tired. Thanks for the message.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbablanca View Post
    As Joo has told me to "Keep them Coming" here is another of my FAWM harvest.
    Yes Berni. Don't stop when you're on fire doing something creative. Glad you're bringing us more.

Well, two little Blues to finish off my incredibly productive season. Both were born in Skirmishes (Written, recorded and posted to FAWM within 60 minutes of the theme being announced).
    This first one was a response to the prompt. "Cruise Control"

I dedicated it to all travelling sales people. They use hire cars a lot. I once was a cold selling salesman. Worst job I ever had, so I can understand why my protagonist is pissed off when what he was promised isn't offered.

Hope you enjoy:

Kala KA FMTE - C (Low G)
    Korala Baritone UKB 36
    Yamaha GL1 Guitarlele
    Baritone Ukulele Banjo
    Alida Electric Tenor
    Harley Benton CLU-Bass

And finally, another skirmish response. This time the prompt was punctuation. Something translators know all about. And indeed I am dedicating this song to all my fellow translators and linguists. It is a noble profession and I am proud I was involved in it for thirty years!

Hope you find this one fun:

Kala KA FMTE - C (Low G)
    Korala Baritone UKB 36
    Yamaha GL1 Guitarlele
    Baritone Ukulele Banjo
    Alida Electric Tenor
    Harley Benton CLU-Bass

Hey, friends! Joo and Jon, a huge heartfelt hug of gratitude for hosting us all this week! What a SUPER week it’s been!!! I’ve been offline much of the wknd, so I see I have lots of cool entries to watch and listen to for this week! Woot woot!!!!

Big thanks you to our hosts Joo and Jon for a wonderful week of dedications! And thank you to those who covered my song Isolation Blues. It’s so nice to hear your interpretations.

Kevin and I worked hard the last couple of days to come up with something special for you. One of my favorite songs of all time. Hope we did it justice. This goes out to you Seasonistas and to all my brothers and sisters all over to world. Right now we could all use a little tenderness...enjoy!
    Last edited by erivel; 05-24-2020 at 01:17 PM.

Thread Information