Season 431 - Dedications

Joo and Jon! It seems like it was just yesterday that I was in your kitchen. Excuse me for being cynical and sarcastic in this video. 4 out of 5 of my last vids have involved the same person in one way or another, and today marks 1 week since she's called.

It was really nice meeting you in person, Joko. If I had not have to go back to Singapore then, I could have joined in the fun of playing music and making videos with you and Jon.

Eric, it is a beautiful song! I just watched your guitar version. NICE.
Your harmonica playing sounds fantastic too.

EDIT: I have just added this guitar version to the Playlist. So we can listen and watch you play it. :)

Last edited:
Thanks to Joo and Jon for hosting this week!

I discovered this song yesterday on YouTube and fell in love with it instantly! It was written by Nancy Leonard! I discovered Nancy through my SOTU connection with Linda Opyr known here also as "Turtledrum". When I first joined the seasons, Linda was very welcoming not only to me, but to all of us seasonistas with her kind and thoughtful comments. I miss her presence here so i'm dedicating this one to both her and the author of the song Nancy Leonard ~

Here's an Aussie song.

This one I'll dedicate to any frontline worker during this crisis. Not just healthcare workers, but supermarket workers, delivery drivers, teachers, emergency services, anyone for whom working from home or furlough was never going to be an option. Chronically undervalued and now heralded as heroes for a good bit of PR, they've been at most risk and on current evidence will be forgotten about again once this is all over. Already over here we've had our health secretary refuse to commit to a pay review for nurses at the other side of this crisis, we've had the home secretary offer a review into the policy of charging foreign NHS workers extortionate fees to use the very service they prop up, only to immediately go back on that and say that this won't be reversed and that a review never happened. On top of that teachers have been immediately vilified, not just by the media but by the politicians, for suggesting the plan to reopen schools in a couple of weeks is a bit haphazard and immature.

I feel like this song sums that sentiment up a bit.

Here is my cover of Eric's Isolation Blues. I'm gonna comment on it now. :)
I dedicate this to all my seasonista friends.

EDIT: I dunno why the light keeps flickering.... there're no effects I put here.

Last edited:
It looks like there is a theme song emerging . . . It's certainly one we can all relate to ~

Here's a dedication to Ian Curtis on the 40th anniversary of his death. For such a short career he had a profound impact on my own music, and that of many of my favourite artists.

Lockdown Rag - dedicated to all seasonistas in lockdown... and especially to Linda Louden who sent me that hat. It is my Happy Hat.
Remember - Breathe, Eat, Sleep, and Exercise.

Last edited:
Wow Joo, what an honor! There’s a video of it on my YouTube channel somewhere, though it’s played on guitar. Brian that was fantastic! Thank you!

Well deserved, Eric. That is the best song I have heard that was inspired by the "Lock down" period... and I have heard loads!
If someone had told me this was a Neil Young song, I'd have totally believed them... Er... that's a good thing in my book, in case you were wondering 😉

Well deserved, Eric. That is the best song I have heard that was inspired by the "Lock down" period... and I have heard loads!
If someone had told me this was a Neil Young song, I'd have totally believed them... Er... that's a good thing in my book, in case you were wondering ��
Great minds Berni, I thought it had a Neil Young feel to it too.

I am gonna go to bed now.
Such lovely, wonderful songs from all of you.
And such nice dedications.

I am grateful for this place. Thank you all.

See you here tomorrow.

Thank you so much Berni! You know I’m a huge Neil fan! :)

If someone had told me this was a Neil Young song, I'd have totally believed them... Er... that's a good thing in my book, in case you were wondering ��

Some time ago, I saw Jon play a song that he wrote, ‘I’m Saving Up All My Dimes For You’ — I instantly fell in love with its upbeat and joyful essence! I asked Jon to send me the song chart for this tune, which he did readily, much to my delight. I had in mind to teach this song to the ukulele group that I started in my neck of the woods — but, alas, I never had the opportunity to do so, due to the state of world affairs.

So...I’ve been working on the song..a lot. It’s hard for me to play; this, as there’s a bit of chord melody/fingerstyle work going on, which I’m beginning to learn with playing this song. ;) I hope Jon will be alright with what I’ve attempted to do with his wonderful song. :)

Having said all that, I have a dual dedication for this entry:

1) I dedicate this song, along with a heart full of gratitude, to Jon — thank you for sharing your music and love for the arts with all of us!

2) I dedicate this song, also, to all Seasonistas. You all inspire me tremendously with your love of uke; with your love of sharing music; with your ability to keep on track together — being in community here on UU — even despite all that’s going on in the world. We are all making time for eachother, to be together — and that speaks volumes to my heart, to my soul. Thank you and love to you all!

Greetings,

This is a homemade song dedicated to my cousin Frankie who committed suicide. I’ve been working on it for a few months now and this is the perfect season to roll it out. I originally titled it Frankie and Gina but renamed it to “ Discarded “. I wrote it to capture a mindset. Hard to explain.

Ciao

Good Morning seasonista friends!
I just saw that some more entries have been posted, gonna watch them shortly!
I hope you all are enjoying the songs as much as I am.
:)

Here's to Jon & Joo! I don't know you very well Joo, though I've completely enjoyed your art and music. Jon, you've been one of the reasons I've kept coming back to the seasons all this time. You're an inspiration (I've always wished I could play and write like you), you've been extremely kind and generous with me, and you've made me feel like a welcome and valued member of this community from the start. On top of that, I've enjoyed getting to know you slightly outside of the seasons and you truly are one of the kindest people I'm lucky enough to call friend. So this is for you. Be More Kind. You're a wonderful example of kindness.
I wish this were more polished. It's a crazy week. We just got our pup spayed and our youngest daughter turns 12 on Thursday and we're trying to figure out just how we're going to celebrate her special day when she can't be with her friends.

Love you brother....

Top Bottom