Season 431 - Dedications

Lockdown Rag - dedicated to all seasonistas in lockdown... and especially to Linda Louden who sent me that hat. It is my Happy Hat.
Remember - Breathe, Eat, Sleep, and Exercise.

Just looked at my video once again... you are allowed to look at you own videos, and it struck me that in it there were three connections to the seasons.
Linda Louden and my Happy Hat
The Silly Dave and Sparky' s Cafe T-shirt.
Doug Frink and the Snark tuner.
All gifts from generous seasonistas.
Don't see them around much any more, but I wanted to remember them with kind thoughts.

I tried to Reply With Quote to your video Rob coz I wanted to say I love that hat! I have seen you wear it many times.
But somehow I could not reply to anything here for the last hour.
Now I can and I just want to say that I love these connections you highlighted to us.
I hope Linda, Dave and Doug are doing well.
( can't remember Silly Dave's real name)

Playlist updated.
Now all I need to do is go and eat some lunch.
Will be back this afternoon.
Hope you all are enjoying the songs here as much as me.

Also, I want to say:
Thank you Jon for co-hosting with me.
You have been an important part of this community since it all started and many, many seasonistas love you and your music.
Thank you!

thank you all for the beautiful songs so far.
i haven't been writing here but i have listened to every second of the music and commented on your yt pages.
baby: thank you too. love. we should have done this a long time before now.
kicking back and ready to enjoy the rest of the week here under down under.
best to everyone.

I tried to Reply With Quote to your video Rob coz I wanted to say I love that hat! I have seen you wear it many times.
But somehow I could not reply to anything here for the last hour.
Now I can and I just want to say that I love these connections you highlighted to us.
I hope Linda, Dave and Doug are doing well.
( can't remember Silly Dave's real name)

Linda and I joked that the hat was made out of 100% pure virgin Acrylic... ah the marketing ploys of some companies😀😁😂

Season 431. Submission 1. "Every Second" (Written by Gerald Smith and Wayne Perry. First recorded by Collin Raye (1992). Also recorded by Mary Black.)

Thank you for hosting and returning us to this theme, Joo and Jon.

Baritone uke, vocal - turtledrum

This one goes to out to Kev ..... with gratitude for his remembering .......

Linda and I joked that the hat was made out of 100% pure virgin Acrylic... ah the marketing ploys of some companies������

HAHAHAHA! put those 3 things together and it is not plastic. Yeah it's a happy hat. :)

So nice to see you here, Linda! We've missed you.
The song you bring us is done in such an earnest and lovely way.
Thank you!

Both Kev's and your dedications are heartfelt and beautiful.
x

So nice to see you here, Linda! We've missed you.
The song you bring us is done in such an earnest and lovely way.
Thank you!

Both Kev's and your dedications are heartfelt and beautiful.
x

Your warm thoughts are so greatly appreciated, Joo! It feels wonderful to be here again with you and Jon and so many wonderful friends. Thank you! x

All I Have To Do Is Dream, The Everly Brothers.

This one goes out to Liz and Jim Beloff, AKA Jumpin' Jim, ukulele advocates and authors of the Daily Ukulele Songbooks. I'm playing this along to my copy of the "to-go" version of the Yellow Book. It's a bit of an abbreviated version of the original. I mostly search for songs/chords online, but sometimes it's nice to thumb through a songbook and find something you typically wouldn't have thought to play. That's the case for me and this song. So I guess this is a thanks to the Beloffs for helping me find more songs to fall in love with.

Last edited:
Hi,
Nice to see Turtledrum back. Hope all is well in your family and area. Same restrictions here in N.J. But getting better.

:)
Ciao

Earlier in the Season, Ryan dedicated a song to the supermarket checkout personnel. Well, I had them in mind when I wrote the song I am posting here.

We have been applauding the medical staff every evening here in Catalonia and while that was deserved, the supermarket and grocery store checkout folk have also been at great risk from contamination over the last two months. They do a thankless task and in some places are tightly controlled as to what they can do and say.

So my dedication is to all the check out staff in the world.

Hope you enjoy:

The greatest spur to a song writer is to have an audience. I am so grateful to those of you who always listen to my songs here.

I am also grateful to the organisers of FAWM (February Album Writing Month) which provides me with a "hit" of song writing adrenalin every February. This year, I was on fire, producing 30 songs over the month and co-writing on a few more. I intend to use this week to showcase some of them.

So, I have dedicated this video to the Organisers of FAWM... Next time I'll dedicate it to all of you regular listeners here on the Seasons.

Incidentally, we are a bit like the orchestra on the Titanic here. We are merrily playing on while the threat of imminent sinking of the Seasons lies over our heads.

I have just started a new thread to see if we can get some more concrete proposals for a lifeboat, when (not if) the good ship SOTU goes down.

NEW THREAD CLICK HERE

Meanwhile, here is my second offering this season: It was inspired by someone setting "Copper" as the theme we had to write songs about:

Hi,
Nice to see Turtledrum back. Hope all is well in your family and area. Same restrictions here in N.J. But getting better.

:)
Ciao

Thanks so much, Gina; it's good to see that you have returned to the Seasons. Stay safe - we've still got our challenges. :)

Heyyyy, I am loving this ride, Seasonistas!!!! Joo and Jon, here’s another entry from me — an original song that I wrote back in 2016 — a song of lost loves...and loved ones...dedicated to all of those who’ve experienced loss...this is my ‘remix’ version, recorded especially today for this week’s SOTU. Thanks so much for hosting, brother Jon and sis Joo... <3 :)

a haiku, for our haiku-loving host, and also dedicated to all the little creatures who have been making the most of quieter days and nights to fill the air with song...

listen to the birds singing
their voices fill the night
as they wait, like me, for dawn

a cover of "dime western" by screaming trees. my pal leigh recommended i check out the album ("dust"), that this song is from. this is dedicated to her and to everyone who introduces me to wonderful new (to me!) music, pretty much every day, here on the seasons, over on youtube, and everywhere

I just played this for my mum.
She doesn't understand English but she understands my heart.
I also dedicate it to all parents and grandparents out there.

Top Bottom