Season 431 - Dedications

I did not think my name would show up in these posts...but I am sincerely moved that it did. Thank you Sean and Pancho....and well Pancho, that song is why I play, so thank you for that as well old friend.
Know that every song I play is dedicated to one of you...all of you, and this place. Thank you all for being a part of it.
With distance graduation looming I may not get here this week, as my work days are pretty long right now. If I could play a song for all of you (and likely I could of if this season was three weeks from now) I would.
Much love. Bless up.
The kid.

Last edited:
Thank you chris667.

After singing to my mum, i didn't want to leave my dad out.
My dad has dementia and he hasn't talked for almost 2 years now. Except swearing occasionally.:p
He is totally into the selfie video thing and one of the things he loves doing is showing off his toothless mouth.
I am singing an old Korean folk song. I am singing it in Mandarin. This is dedicated to my sister and brother and everyone who has to care for a sick parent. You can hear my sister's voice instructing the helper at the end of the video. Without her and my brother my dad would not have gotten all the attention and care if he had gone to a nursing home. Thanks to them for doing it when i was in Hobart.

Last edited:
I did not think my name would show up in these posts...but I am sincerely moved that it did. Thank you Sean and Pancho....and well Pancho, that song is why I play, so thank you for that as well old friend.
Know that every song I play is dedicated to one of you...all of you, and this place. Thank you all for being a part of it.
With distance graduation looming I may not get here this week, as my work days are pretty long right now. If I could play a song for all of you (and likely I could of if this season was three weeks from now) I would.
Much love. Bless up.
The kid.

you are loved my brother. know that. just play us something when you can. xo

Here's a song for my eldest son, Nathan. He should be nearing the end of his first year at school by now but has been stuck home with me and his brother for two months now. The lack of routine, social interaction and structure has really hit him hard and that's led to us clashing from time to time.

He's always been a word sponge and he's latched onto a winning phrase from Covid Bingo, and that is "When All This Is Over" to describe things he wants to do. So I used that as a cue for a song.

This is the third song I've written relating to These Crazy Times (Covid Bingo!). Wonder how many I'll end up with.

Last edited:
I'm very much taking a back seat on this one. My daughter, Edith has done all the heavy lifting here. She wrote some brilliant words dedicated to her favourite YouTuber - Clare Siobhan - about how her videos help her feel better when she's anxious or upset or sad.
I came up with a tune for her lyrics and here's the result.
Edith takes the lead and sings her lovely words while I flounder about in the background and try to look cool by association...

Supermarket Flowers

Mother's Day can be difficult when you mother has passed but I have found this song helps. I am dedicating it to her because I know God said Hallelujah you're home when she arrived!

My mother was a wonderful woman and I miss her greatly but I am sure she is enjoying heaven!

Greetings,

I see so many beautiful posts, I took an extra day off this weekend to view them all. Love and best to all!

Ciao

Black Ladder

[video]https://forum.ukuleleunderground.com/showthread.php?145323-Black-Ladder[/video]

Recently heard this song of understanding and acceptance and from Patti Scialfa (Mrs. Bruce Springsteen). Dedicate to anyone who is in or has been in a long term relationship.

I am dedicating this one to the memory of my mother, who left us just over 22 years ago. Amongst many other things, she unwittingly gave me a love of music, as she pottered around the house, cooking and cleaning, with the radio on, and often singing along. My earliest musical memories come from that kitchen radio, and this is one of the very first, a hit for Petula Clark in 1964.

Next batch coming up. Here is another song I wrote during FAWM 2020. The challenge here was to write a song from the point of view of an inanimate object. In this case, a single grain of rice.

I have dedicated this (at the end of the video) to all of the Seasonistas who regularly listen and comment on my songs. Without you I would perhaps have stopped writing years ago! Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Hope you enjoy this tale of domestic warfare...

Kind of fitting that we have a good few covers of Eric's terrific original this week.
But we have had quite a number of others too.
Loved Gina's bring and Edith and Bob brought a wonderful song too.

This is just another throwaway paoriginal - sometimes I just pick up an instrument and a little sequence of chords or a riff insists on being heard - I often struggle to put some words of any import to them (as can be seen here) - and send it out.

Other times I bring a song of deep personal importance - like my the little melodies - send it out with trepidation - and then see that some youtuber finds it necessary to click on that dislike button.

So this song is dedicated to the seasonistas who are willing to reveal themselves to this community through their original music....

Last edited:
Dedicated to those separated from their loved ones and to survivors of domestic violence.
This is Folsom Women’s Prison Blues.

Tried out some video effects.

Last edited:
WOW!
What lovely entries we are getting!
Thank you so much everyone who submitted something.
I am moved by them, a lot.
The sentiment and emotions in your dedications. I feel them.

I am quite new to you, Martinlover(Jo) and Marcsuke ( Marc), and Edith, I wanna say this to you all : WELCOME TO THE SEASONS!
All 3 of you have a way of singing that moves me.
Jo and Marc, you guys are such good players too.
And Jo, your Folsom Women's Prison Blues is achingly good.
Edith, you're as awesome and cool as your dad!

Will be back this evening and see what new entries we will get here!
Keep them coming, friends!

Last edited:
In 2011 I made a video of my in-law Freddy Moore and his band partner Dennis Peters, performing a song at Ghengis Cohen in Hollywood, which Freddy wrote in 1991, "Born on the Wrong End of the Mississippi" which they also recorded in the studio early that year.

I've known Freddy (we call him Rick) since the late 70s when he had an up-and-coming rock band, The Kats, and was close friends with the sisters of my twin brother's wife and their friend Demi Moore, before she was famous. Freddy married Demi, but they divorced and he later married one of the sisters, and we've all been close ever since. The bad news is Freddy has been suffering from Alzheimer's for the last few years, inherent in his family, and is now in a care facility, to the great dismay of everyone in the family, especially his wife. Posting this video is my personal tribute to him.

When I went to edit the video that I shot, I found that the audio track from my video camera was not very good, so I decided to meld the studio track that Rick and Dennis made a few months before into my video, and was very pleasantly surprised how closely it matched up, they were that tight. I covered up some mismatches with superimposed photos of his life, which I used throughout the video. The very beginning is live, and as soon as the music starts, it transitions to the studio recording, and back to live at the end.

This is Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly Grove near the Beverly Center
9 tenor cutaway ukes, 4 acoustic bass ukes, 12 solid body bass ukes, 14 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 39)

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
• Member The CC Strummers: YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, Facebook: www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

Last edited:
dedicated to my wife. we have been apart now for nearly 4 months as a result of this virus and border closures.
i love and miss you sweetheart.

In 2011 I made a video of my in-law Freddy Moore and his band partner Dennis Peters, performing a song at Ghengis Cohen in Hollywood, which Freddy wrote in 1991, "Born on the Wrong End of the Mississippi" which they also recorded in the studio early that year.

I've known Freddy (we call him Rick) since the late 70s when he had an up-and-coming rock band, The Kats, and was close friends with the sisters of my twin brother's wife and their friend Demi Moore, before she was famous. Freddy married Demi, but they divorced and he later married one of the sisters, and we've all been close ever since. The bad news is Freddy has been suffering from Alzheimer's for the last few years, inherent in his family, and is now in a care facility, to the great dismay of everyone in the family, especially his wife. Posting this video is my personal tribute to him.

When I went to edit the video that I shot, I found that the audio track from my video camera was not very good, so I decided to meld the studio track Rick and Dennis made to my video, and was very pleasantly surprised how closely it matched up, they were that tight. I covered up some mismatches with superimposed photos of his life, which I used throughout the video. The very beginning is live, and as soon as the music starts, it transitions to the studio recording, and back to live at the end.

This is Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly Grove near the Beverly Center
9 tenor cutaway ukes, 4 acoustic bass ukes, 12 solid body bass ukes, 14 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 39)

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
• Member The CC Strummers: YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, Facebook: www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

Thank you for sharing this tribute video with us, Michael.
Even though this is an ukulele thread, I personally think it doesn't matter that neither Freddy nor Dennis was playing an uke in the video. It is music. And it is what this thread is all about.

I am sorry to hear that Freddy is suffering from Alzheimer's.
I hope that he is able to remember the music he used to make.

This is a beautiful dedication video, Michael. Thank you for sharing it with us.

As mentioned, I look forward to your contribution to the Seasons. I noticed your impressive collection of ukes.
Join us!

Best,
Joo

EDIT: I forgot to say that I like the music Freddy and Dennis made!

Last edited:
Thank you for sharing this tribute video with us, Michael. Even though this is an ukulele thread, I personally think it doesn't matter that neither Freddy nor Dennis was playing an uke in the video. It is music. And it is what this thread is all about. I am sorry to hear that Freddy is suffering from Alzheimer's. I hope that he is able to remember the music he used to make. This is a beautiful dedication video, Michael. Thank you for sharing it with us. As mentioned, I look forward to your contribution to the Seasons. I noticed your impressive collection of ukes. Join us! Best, Joo

I thank you Joo for allowing me to post this video. My first thought was to learn the song, record and post that, but I'm not much of a singer and not all that into singing on videos. I'll have to contemplate it. As well, I don't know music so I have to get my composer nephew to help me put the song on paper. Rick only had lyrics, it was never published anywhere. I'm sorry to say that the Alzheimer's has gone so far, that he doesn't know his songs anymore.

Last edited:
For Season of the Ukulele number 431, we're asked to record a video as a Dedication. Here's "Blackbird" played on tenor ukulele with overdubs of vocals and whistling.

For my daughter Anais, one of her favorite songs. Now nearly nineteen and off at university, and always at the center of my soul.

Top Bottom