Ukelogic high tension + Thomastik C G on a Compass Rose Koa

kerneltime

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
I am really enjoying UkeLogic high tension E A + Thomastik CF 27/30 for C and G on an all Koa Compass Rose.
I always liked the frets, neck and setup on the compass rose.l did not realize how much this uke could improve with the right strings. As in, I knew there is a matching process but did not realize until I tried as to how well the 2 paired together..

The Uke logic High tension strings do wonders on my cripple creek ukes as well.

On most other ukes I put the low tension strings.

There is definitely a matching process as my martin sopranos do not like the high tension Uke logic set and prefer m600, m604, living water strings and worth browns.

Last edited:
I agree a matching process exists. High tension Uke Logic Strings on my pono master series tenor make it come alive. It moved from good to excellent, imho. Living Waters seem super on a Kamoa. And no surprise that Pepe Romero strings shine on his Replica. What fun it is to experiment and what even greater fun it is to find the right combo.

Where did you get the Uke Logic strings from? I visited theukulelesite.com but only saw Low G - C available, not "high tension E, A". Do you do soft tension or hard tension? (It seems there's a "high" tension for both hard & soft options.) I have a Koaloha KTM-00 and am interested in experimenting with different strings.

I am using the Uke Logic Soft Tension High G on my Pono MTD CR with the cedar top. They have great sustain and a bright sound. Also the Soft Tension is compatible with my arthritic hands. May try and switch out the High G with a Fremont Low G. Kerneltime, I was using the Thomastik 27/30 on my baritone with a GCEA tuning. They really sounded great. Haven't tried them with my tenors. I'll have to give them a try. The combo you are using sounds interesting.

Where did you get the Uke Logic strings from? I visited theukulelesite.com but only saw Low G - C available, not "high tension E, A". Do you do soft tension or hard tension? (It seems there's a "high" tension for both hard & soft options.) I have a Koaloha KTM-00 and am interested in experimenting with different strings.
You can email Joel and get custom sets.
I ordered Thomastik Infeld for C/G and E/A from high tension. You can also do it yourself by getting the high tension set and ordering the C/G strings separately.. though you will be left with spare high tension C/G strings..

Top Bottom