Vintage Martin Style 1 Soprano

Mackulele

Reaction score
Vintage Martin Style 3 Soprano SOLD

Well loved 1940’s era vintage Martin Style 3 soprano.
This uke has had a crack repaired on the top, back and side.
Perfectly playable, but it is far from mint. No case.

SOLD
CAA3DCD3-2739-48DE-97D0-4DBB8A56C9B3.jpgCAA3DCD3-2739-48DE-97D0-4DBB8A56C9B3.jpg
9F83CCB3-A887-4950-820C-24FC5D3BB77A.jpg18D85DEB-2EB2-4EA9-880D-177DA8ACB222.jpg
46719036-D030-4091-8A33-ADC322B275C3.jpg3E0F103B-C14F-42A7-B542-701D2CC352D2.jpg

Last edited:
This would have to be a very unusual Style 1, or not? Haven't seen one like this before..

My guess is a Style 3 . If you dont mind the cracks , thats a good price . IMHO
Don't forget the "rules" for posting a uke for sale. :rulez:

Last edited:
I stand corrected On the model. It does not say made in the US inside. It just has the CF Martin Nazareth PA stamp.

Ok, I'm very confused here. The purfling and soundhole rosette suggest style 3 but the lack of a stripe on the fretboard suggests style 2. But then again, the extended fretboard is a style 3 feature. Style 1 and 2 Martins also usually had a black nut and saddle while Style 3 has white. I've never seen that combination of fretmarkers either as the style 3 typically has the stripe in the middle of the fretboard, but a quick google search does result in some style 3 Martins without the stripe and with that fretmarker pattern. I have to lean towards this being the style 3. Better increase that asking price, OP. :)

edit.

Never mind, Ukecaster was quicker with the right answer. :)

I'm hoping this was a legit sale . Super low price , not advertised according to rules , by a poster with two posts.
Caveat Emptor .

Will someone please post the price? Thanks.

It is the quick and the dead in the marketplace when a good deal appears. If you are not on the ball and watching, don't expect to be spoon fed information after the sale is over.

I am happy to see anyone make their first post a "for sale" notice if they are offering an interesting uke for sale at a reasonable price. Who cares how many posts they have if the uke is good? If you want to check out any seller, whether they have 1000 UU posts or just one, then do your own homework, do not rely in the number of posts on UU to work out if the sale is good or bad. And I don't really care if it is their one and only post either.

The marketplace is for buying and selling real ukes with real money, it is not a collector's corner for collectors to gather info or to discuss nice ukes. If you want to talk about collecting or gather data for your files to sell or trade, I think you should use the Uke Talk Page.

You have a bad day?

Top Bottom