Vintage Martin soprano question

Blank Williams

Reaction score
Hi all. New to this forum but been a frequent visitor. My question is this...I have a beautiful vintage Martin style 0 soprano, and I was wondering if anyone had any insight as to how sturdy these things are? I ask because I plan to start hitting open mics once everything starts settling down and opening back up. It’s in excellent condition and I take very good care of my instruments but it’s quite old and it just feels so fragile. I’ve been considering getting something new for that purpose, but I know it just won’t sound the same. My Martin is so resonant and I know that’s due to the the light construction. It’s also the only soprano I’ve ever had that actual sounds really cool with low g! So any input is welcome, especially from fellow vintage Martin owners. Thanks!

It should be no problem. People have used these for ages. Just make sure to put it in a safe place when you are not playing, such as a good hard case. One of the problems people often have is that they leave instruments around where they end up getting dropped, knocked over stepped one, etc. Play it and enjoy.

Haha! While it sounds it’s best high g, I thought it would be fun to hear how a Fremont soloist would sound. It really surprised me that it was quite useable, not for every song of course, but definitely works. I should put up a demo to prove that a low g can work on some (not all) sopranos.

Top Bottom