Synergy Guitars - Ukulele Update

Kyle-SynergyGuitars

Reaction score
First off, we hope everyone is doing well and staying safe during these times.

With that being said we are happy to be able to post an update. I have attached some pictures of our new Baritone, Soprano as well as our tenor ukuleles.

We have taken all the feedback from Dave and the many other players that were so kind to provide it into consideration on all models.

Some of those improvements are:
- Thinner neck profile
- Graphtech nuts
- Lower action at the nut
- Are adding more string options
- Low G for the tenor will be an option

Note: all production models will come with black hardware as well as black nut and saddle.

Please note the Soprano isn’t finished in the pictures as we are still waiting for our inlay material to arrive.

These will be sent for demo videos, after which we will post them online for everyone to hear what they sound like.

Production will begin shortly after the demo videos.

Thanks again to everyone that has shown interest and has provided feedback.

BaritoneBack.jpgBaritoneFront.jpgGroup.jpgGroup2.jpgTenorBack.jpg

I hope the soprano has the option of friction pegs.

They are looking very good. When will you have prices on CF and stock to sell? Also, I assume the eKoa material is from Blackbird! Is that correct? When will you have some video of both CF and your eKoa offering? Glad to see you’ve been busy and stay safe during these crazy times.

It is good to see another ukulele brand starting up.

There is a Synergy Guitars company based in Florida, and there are Synergy Amps. I am not sure if there is any commercial connection between the companies. Just as a suggestion, you can put a link to your contact page in your UU signature, which may help avoid confusion. Or maybe since you are just starting with ukuleles you could think about a brand name that removes confusion. Just as an example for starting discussion you could go big and get in first and call yourselves: The Canadian CF Ukulele Company (CCFC) and go with a stylised Maple Leaf and a nice little tune that has the chords CCFC, which is very close to what many would play as their first tune.

Or, if there are trademark issues, just change to Synergistic Guitars

Thanks everyone,

We are actually experimenting with 2 different suppliers of the Flax fibers, one being Ekoa and the other being Biotex. I should have clarified as the one in the picture is Biotex. Both are flax fibers.

Pricing will be released shortly. We will only have the CF demos right away as we are still developing the EKoa/flax fiber instruments. The CF will go into production right after the demos have been released to build up stock.

As for the Synergy Guitars/Amps, yes we are aware they exist, however our website/Brand will be Synergy Instruments to remove the confusion. We do like the name suggestions however we are releasing a guitar line as well so we can’t just have ukuleles in the name.

Thanks again everyone and will definitely be posting more as well as demos very soon as they are being sent away next week for the demos to be created.

Those ukes in the photos look nice.

A word of caution though - IIRC, the name of the flax fiber material that Blackbird is using may in fact be their own trademark as "Ekoa".

With that in mind, unless you are using their manufactured material supplied from them, or creating your own under official license from Blackbird, you may run into legal issues.

I would like to see your brand succeed, but a lawsuit can be very expensive.

Wow Kyle you have made fast progress on developing a soprano and a baritone, well done. When I had the tenor and passed it around to a number of players they all said the same thing, the sound was excellent and so was the over all build quality. With the tweaks and changes you are implementing these will be a first class carbon fiber instrument.

Tenor should have the double dot fret markers at the 12th fret, not the 10th.

You might consider giving your soprano 15 frets in lieu of 14.

Thanks everyone,

And EKoa is actually marketed by Blackbirds sister company Lingrove and is readily available to the public. It is in fact one of the fabrics we are testing however I did want to clarify which I did in my previous post that the fabric in the picture is the Biotex flax fiber. Definitely appreciate the concern.

Thanks,
Kyle

Thank you so much Dave, couldn’t have done it without your feedback and the feedback of the players you shared it with.

And yes, unfortunately we noticed the fretmarker issues after the fact and the program has been adjusted to have them in the correct position.

Thanks again everyone, we truly appreciate everyone’s feedback and support!
Kyle

Yay! The wait has been worth it!
looking forward to hearing the Soprano :)
keep uke'in',

Top Bottom