Reel Mango Tenor

eyedoc

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
Very nice Rebel Mango Tenor. Purchased from Ukulele Station (Reverb HMS) a few months ago. Slight blemish on top, but plays and sounds great Ebony fretboard, Gloss finish Case included, can sent video clip

From Listing:

Brand new from Rebel Ukulele! This is an all solid mango tenor with a big sweet tone and fantastic feel. We are truly impressed with this new model and think you will be as well!

This was made with solid mango wood and has a beautiful gloss finish to protect and show it off. Other features include ebony fretboard with unique maple fret marker inlays, and Gotoh UPT 4:1 geared lightweight vintage styled tuners.It feels great, looks beautiful, and the sound is something we guarantee you love!

This ukulele is set up with a fluorocarbon low G but we can set it up high G for you if you prefer that.

Case included.
$625 plus shipping

Attachments

• lxdalea59l2ow03qr5y3.jpg
    lxdalea59l2ow03qr5y3.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 199
  • yi0tmkndzn0lj2a3cgm6.jpg
    yi0tmkndzn0lj2a3cgm6.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 187
  • rebsvxhzpfeml2iqsfve.jpg
    rebsvxhzpfeml2iqsfve.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 124
  • chfimsrkqeajhnbnq9mg.jpg
    chfimsrkqeajhnbnq9mg.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 120
Nice uke! Maybe it would be helpful if you posted a pick of the blemish?

Can you post a sound clip?

This is a killer deal. Mango Rebels are fantastic! I can't believe this is still here.

And what is the blemish?

Hi Ron, do you have a picture of this blemish? How did it happen?

Hi
I can take one tomorrow, as I am not home.
The ding came with the Uke, it’s quite small and not noticeable unless you look for it, about the size of a pea.
Ron

Rebel Tenor

Sold
Thank you all

Hi! I am very intrigued with the Rebel tenor, but would have to buy online which is not ideal. Can you tell me your thoughts? I am primarily a chord melody player. It seems to have a wonderful warm tone in the sound clips. I currently play a Martin T-1 koa tenor.

Thanks so much!

Rebel makes great ukuleles!
Their necks have great playability, the sound is full and the tone depending on the woods is warm or bright.
They are also great value for the money.
The lower end ones very plain but still sounds great
Ron

Hi! I am very intrigued with the Rebel tenor, but would have to buy online which is not ideal. Can you tell me your thoughts? I am primarily a chord melody player. It seems to have a wonderful warm tone in the sound clips. I currently play a Martin T-1 koa tenor.

Thanks so much!

I have a Rebel Mango and a KTM-00. The mango is not as bright as the koa but really melow and a great sound. I use a wound low g on the Rebel and it's my go to for my jazzier covers/progressions.

I agree with the other comment they can be a little bland. If you have time, look for one of the original ones, used (they won't have the logo stamped on the back of the neck). IMO Rebel used to source really nice figured and curly mango (see mine) but lately the grain on the new ones looks mostly straight/plain.

20200617_223338.jpg
20200617_223344.jpg

Last edited:
If you have time, look for one of the original ones, used (they won't have the logo stamped on the back of the neck).

I thought all the logos on the neck were just stickers. Did they start stamping them?

Top Bottom