Oahu Hardshell Case from HMS - Question

frets alot

Reaction score
I just ordered a new Pono AB-6 from HMS. It comes with this case:

https://www.theukulelesite.com/acce...en-cases/new-oahu-hardshell-ukulele-case.html

I don't see where it says in the description whether or not it comes with a shoulder strap (though the pictures show it has two strap attachment points).

I read some of the reviews....one reviewer said it DID come with a shoulder strap, and one reviewer said it did NOT. Hence my question here to clarify.

FOR ANYONE WHO HAS GOTTEN THIS CASE RECENTLY FROM HMS, COULD YOU TELL ME WHETHER OR NOT IT COMES WITH A SHOULDER STRAP?

Thank you.

I keep my Sceptre in an Ohau case I got from HMS around 2010; it does not have strap attachment points.

The cases for different size instruments may be different, and may even come from different manufacturers, regardless of the name on the case.

Your best bet, Susie, is to call HMS as kerneltime stated.

-Kurt​

Mine came with a shoulder strap. Soprano sized.

Mine came with a shoulder strap tenor size.

My 2014 soprano Opio with Oahu case did not come with a shoulder strap.

With or without strap, I'd be happy with an Oahu case, they are among the best, IMO, with cool vintage styling, and the built-in rings for the strap. No strap wou.d not worry me, I probably have 3-4 carrying straps that came with various suitcases, usually tucked in one of the pockets.

I think the point is less that it didn't come with a strap, than that it didn't come with strap attachment points. My Oa'hu tenor case from approximately 2010 does not have the attachment points. That was why I suggested that Susie call HMS, because your mileage may vary.

-Kurt​

I think the point is less that it didn't come with a strap, than that it didn't come with strap attachment points. My Oa'hu tenor case from approximately 2010 does not have the attachment points. That was why I suggested that Susie call HMS, because your mileage may vary.

-Kurt​

Yes, the attachment points was what I was interested in mainly. I appreciate all those who responded. I didn't realize there was so much variation in their cases.
Veronica from HMS ended up getting back with me. The answer is no on the current black Oahu case. But they are going to upgrade my order to a tweed case, because their website wasn't correct on their stock of Pono Guilele's. Turns out they don't have the Acacia in stock, but they do have the Mahogany. We talked a bit and I decided that instead of cancelling the order, I'd go with the Mahogany. I understand the tone differences from my guitar experience, and I'm comfortable with going with the Mahogany. So, they "thanked" me for not cancelling the order by upgrading to the tweed case. And no, the tweed case doesn't have the strap attachment points either. But that case looks really nice. :)

I think I'll really like the tweed Oahu from HMS. My husband has installed strap attachment rings on some of my past cases, so if I feel the definite need, I'll ask him to do that for me. :)

Update.
I got my Pono MB-6 today from HMS.
I ended up with an Oahu black hard shell case, it has strap attachment points on the case and it came with a strap too! A very nice case! So, I'm all set.
Oh, and the MB-6 is awesome. I'll probably do a separate post on that.

Top Bottom