NUD: Wunderhammer torrefied spruce + Koa soprano

Wow, lots of fluff under the varnish
Yeah the look is not your typical sterile finishing, it works for the look and appeal he is after. I quite like it, there is an instant familiarity with the uke which is hard to explain.

Congratulations! Sam Muir plays a Wunderkammer, you're in good company!

I just realized a hidden gem in the aesthetics (via FB discussion) the rope binding is symmetrical!! Holy crap!!!
How pleasing to the inner OCD in me!!

I just realized a hidden gem in the aesthetics (via FB discussion) the rope binding is symmetrical!! Holy crap!!!
How pleasing to the inner OCD in me!!

It took me ages to understand what he meant by that, haha. But yes, it's a really nice touch. I'm aching for my turn on the waiting list!

I changed the strings yesterday and put on m605 martin and it is a lot louder! Waiting for strings to settle down. Initially it came with Aquila Lava.
I noticed that the strings were not coming off and then I realized that this is my favorite bridge. It allows for both knotted and pass through style for strings! I love that aesthetically it looks like a vintage bridge and works as one and caters to folks like me who love pass through bridges.
i-V7bFzxg-X4.jpg

Great looking soprano! That is such a good way to build a a bridge. Wish all slot bridges were built that way.
I have a set of M605's on my Ohana SK-25, and it sounds amazing. However, when I tried them on my 60's Martin S-O I didn't care for the way they sounded on it.
When I received my Martin it came strung with Nylguts, and it sounded fantastic. I'm going to try Living waters, Fremont Blacks, & Oasis warm next, and if I don't
like the sound with any of them I'm putting Nylguts (probably Lava) back on it.

Top Bottom