Thread: Greetings from Michigan USA

Default Greetings from Michigan USA

Have wanted to try to play a string instrument for a long time. Last fall was unusually cold here and I couldn't work in my unheated shop. Bought a Diamond Head DU200T Tenor and started lessons. Got 4 in before leaving for Florida for 4 months. Discovered I could buy a Uke in Florida for the price of checking one down and back. Bought a no name Tenor there and continued practicing using the internet for a teacher. Back to Michigan the end of March and confinement. Been wood working for years. Bought a Stew Mac Spruce top Tenor kit and assembled it. WOW, first play still chasing the tuning I heard a decent instrument for the first time. Far from accomplished but making progress steadily. Will return to lessons when we can. Really like the guy and he pushes me pretty hard which is good. Unfortunately I've contracted the Multiple Ukulele Virus. Who knows where this will go?

Welcome Ron!

Welcome to UU Ron.

Don't worry too much about UAS (Multiple Uke Virus). Learn on the one(s) you prefer and which keep(s) you motivated. Try out others when opportunity presents itself. You can then build a nice collection and spread the uke virus by donating the Diamond Head and the other unnamed tenor to a school, group,charity, your family or friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Ms Bean View Post
    Welcome to UU Ron.

Don't worry too much about UAS (Multiple Uke Virus). Learn on the one(s) you prefer and which keep(s) you motivated. Try out others when opportunity presents itself. You can then build a nice collection and spread the uke virus by donating the Diamond Head and the other unnamed tenor to a school, group,charity, your family or friends.
    Assembling the Stewmac kit was very enjoyable. I'm sure it is not my last build. Getting easier to justify a concert kit to explore another variation. well on my way to UAS. thanks for clarifying the deffinition.

Hello from Lansing!

Hello from Gaylord!
    Susie
    Pono MB-6
    5 Taylor's and a Martin
    Fingerpickin' since 9/11/73

Welcome to our forum!
    Too many ukes, but I can't stop buying!
    https://www.catskillukulelegroup.com/

Thread Information