The Typical UUForum Member

Ed1

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
I thought I'd go through some past polls and pick out the most answered in each (the "mode") and create the following:

If you are the typical UUForum Member you are in your 60s, have spent over $2000 on your ukuleles and play either a concert or tenor. You had over 5 years of musical experience before coming to the ukulele, and that was probably with another fretted instrument.

Your primary ukulele has a satin finish and a center sound hole. It has an ebony saddle, two strap buttons, and no cord rope binding.

That's it, and yes, I have way too much time on my hands.

Rofl. Out of those 10 points, I resemble 5 or 6.

I'll never tell.

I don't want to be typical.

I fit right in, 8 matches.

This is Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly Grove near the Beverly Center
9 tenor cutaway ukes, 4 acoustic bass ukes, 12 solid body bass ukes, 14 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 39)

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
• Member The CC Strummers: YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, Facebook: www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

7 out of 10 here. To Bill1's point, generally it's the people who have strong preferences that post in polls. Others just may not care enough to comment. As long as the uke sounds good and looks good, finish, binding, sound holes, etc may not be that critical. It is an interesting observation, though.

Forums were popular in the 1990s and have largely been replaced with the various forms of social media and networked games for younger folks. So, yeah, no surprise we OF are more likely to gravitate to an old school forum. And, yeah, Boomers be spending' da bucks on nice toys like fancy 'ukuleles since you can't take it with you when you leave the room... However, I think being attracted to 'ukulele playing and music in general is ageless and too bad not too many young whipper snappers on UU.

And, yeah, no rope blinding here but only one strap button and nuttin' but bone saddles.

6 out of 10 for me. I guess that makes me "middle of the road." I'm ok with that.

Hmmm, I scored 3 out of 10.

I wonder how many interpret "either ... or" the same way as me? Which is to say "one or the other, but not both".

Only 2 for me

Ooops. 2 of 10 (with 1 point for ukulele centre hole) :cool:

Last edited:
3 out of the ten.

7 hits for me LOL. UU is a great place to visit and discuss all things Uke. Ukulele found me later in life but I’ve played guitar my whole life. Now, all my time is with the ukulele. Hope everyone is doing fine during out lockdown. Cheers

7 hits for me LOL. UU is a great place to visit and discuss all things Uke. Ukulele found me later in life but I’ve played guitar my whole life. Now, all my time is with the ukulele. Hope everyone is doing fine during out lockdown. Cheers

Top Bottom