Season 432 - Solitude

Yikes, I hate following Jon and Joo...

This is less about solitude and more about not quite being the same on your own as you might be with someone else. One wing will never ever fly...

Thanks for hosting Mikkel. I'm glad to be back from field work and not so ukulele lonely.

An original about a grain of sand that fell in love with a snowflake.
But it is impossible for them to be together, because the gravelly hands of the grain of sand cuts the snowflake.

Thanks for hosting Mikkel.

Wow, Marco, what a coincidence. Here's another song about isolation on a desert isle... or is it?

Specially written for Season 432 - I hope you enjoy:

We had a nice ZOOM gathering last night. I played this one in keeping with the Solitude theme. I think it is one of Bowie's finest.

My last one for 342.... My narrator is about to face the ultimate solitude: being dumped by his beloved and all due to self-inflicted wounds.

Hope you enjoy:

This past couple years, I've been dealing with long-term separation from my wife as we figure out how to dissolve our marriage.

At times during this process, I've felt so broken hearted, that I've found myself wondering if my heart was ever really there to begin with. I even started to see myself as a real-life Tin Woodsman...

Nowadays, I know my heart is there.

And even though it's been broken, I know it's slowly healing <3

I may be a minute or too late on the upload due to my poor internet! I worked really hard on this. I animated my song using Adobe Animate. This is on top of a 55 hour work week! Needless to say it's going to be a while before I try something this ambitious! Anyway please let me know your thoughts! I'm self taught as an animator an artist and a uker!

Last edited:
I am pretty sure it must be monday in Hawaii by now, so the Season is officially over!
The playlist is up to date and a wrap will follow one of the following days!

Thanks so much for hosting, Mikkel. There is a lot of great stuff to see and hear and some very nice surprises at the end. Nice one.
Cheers!
Yukio

Thank you, Mikkel, for hosting week #432! Indeed, I agree with my Seasonista friends — so much incredible music from SOTU week #432! Honestly, I think that I could do songs about solitude indefinitely! Again, lots of gratitude to you, Mikkel, for being a wonderful host!!! :)

Wrap up time - I will make it short.

Thanks you all for contributing!

We had 72 videos this week, including my intro video.
I lost count of the number of participants, but well over 30 - with new and long missed uker's in between!

Like I warned to begin with, there are no prizes - but it sure was fun!
I could begin on naming honorable mentionings, but you were all great - none mentioned none forgotten!
I will remind you all to watch the last few days entries if you havent, since those entries posted after the "Relative" season began has had a lot of extra work and practice put into them - and are marvellous.
I am happy to see that the numbers of views for many of those videos are allready substantial - I hate it when there are videos with <10 views because they are posted sunday. It didn't happen this time, success!

Off to relativity, I hope you enjoyed the loneliness - I know I did!

You've been a kind and thoughtful host, Mikkel. Thank you for the week.

Top Bottom