Season 432 - Solitude

Sleeplessness is a curse. You will be robbed of your health if you are robbed of sleep for whatever reason.

is there going to be a playlist? By the way thanks for hosting UV!

Playlist, of course!

I started it yesterday, but forgot to post a link. It is in the OP now.
And I hope it is up to date, if someone is missing from it, please let me know!

Thanks for hosting, Mikel!

Here’s a Hank Williams song I thought for years was a George Thorogood song. You’ll have to provide the responses.

Thanks, Mike, for hosting us this week on the SOTU — I love the theme — I have been working on my entry tonight!!!! Can’t wait to check out all of the other Seasonistas’ postings!!!

Just as a side bar/related note:

I don’t feel so lonely knowing that you are all here!!!! Hugs to you, SEASONISTAS!!!! :)

My sincerest apologies, Mikel, on my former post with my error in your name! :uhoh:

My sincerest apologies, Mikel, on my former post with my error in your name! :uhoh:

No worries.

To be nit picky it is really spelled Mikkel with two k's.
And I accept Mike ad a nick name. Mikkel and Michael derived from the same origin, so Mikkel is a "Kind of Mike" . Like my YouTube channel.

I thought it had two k's. I kept seeing other people spell it with one, so like a good sheep, I fell in line with the rest of the group :)

thank you for hosting this week brother.
an old Husker Du song that myself, Kevin and Willie recorded today.

Let's see if I get the right video this time. :eek:

Solitude needn't be a negative thing, of course. Here my protagonist is just enjoying his own company and swinging in his hammock.

This song was written at FAWM back in February. Our very own "Pabrizzer" is also a FAWMer and he did a lovely "noodle" that I just couldn't resist putting words to. So here is our collaboration. If I knew how to download youtube videos (of persons other than myself) I'd have set up a video of Brian playing and me singing. He plays this much better than I do. Next time, perhaps.

COULD OUR HOST PLEASE REMOVE PUNCTUATION BLUES FROM THE PLAYLIST. THAT WAS FOR 431.

Hope you enjoy this little ditty:

Last edited:
Am I not right in thinking that there are such things as Spanish bagpipes, Berni? (Mikel ... you are going to wish you had never mentioned bagpipes!)

There are various Iberian Bagpipes - the most famous being the Galician Pipes (normally a single drone and tuned in "C" almost as loud as the Highland). And my favourite name for bagpipes - the Catalan "Sac de Gemecs" (Literally the Bag of Groans). These have three drones which hang over your forearm and are usually tuned either in C or G and are also monstrously loud)

Last edited:
Elvis grew up with blues and tis is one of his early hits which is basically a blues progression

As I linked to the wrong video the other day. I hope that adding another video today is not breaking the rule of "one a day".

This second song was written from a female point of view and is about how many women are not allowed solitude by pesky guys trying to get off with them and being insistent about it.
Can't a lass have a quiet drink alone without being muscled in on by medallion men (or their modern equivalent)?

When I wrote this I didn't know it was to have a completely diferent reading a mere few weeks later as "social distancing" became the norm.

Hope you enjoy:

Last edited:
Hi Mikkel!
I am here to let everyone know that the wrap video for 431 is up!
Don't leave me ALONE there waiting.
:p

I'm working on something else but it isn't going particularly well, to be honest. So in the meantime, here's a fairly impromptu version of this classic from Love.

Top Bottom