FSOT: LFDM Bear-claw Spruce top Tenor Ukulele

Ukujiji

Reaction score
Hello, my ukulele friends, I hope everyone is staying safe during this difficult time.

Up for your consideration is an LFDM Bear-claw Spruce top Tenor Ukulele. I am still in the exploring phase of my ukulele journey, I enjoyed LFDM ukulele so much, still I can not justify owning two, I would like to try something new.

I purchased this ukulele from forum member theblackegg in February 2020, the ukulele was build mid- 2019.

This ukulele has top specs, a lot of upgrade:

- Tenor scale
- BearClaw Spruce top
- Radius Ebony fretboard with Koa inlay at the 12th
- Koa faceplate, binding front, back, bound board and Laskin armrest
- Koa Rosette
- Rosewood classical style bridge
- Gotoh stealth tuners
- Strung low g, soloist with carbon C,E and A
- Ziricote back and sides with side port
- Mahogany neck
- Moore Bettah String set
- Kingsman Hard-shell case

Make sure to watch this video review and sound sample I made for you guys, I hope it finds a good home.

https://youtu.be/UA6xUJdQm7g

I consider trade it down to a Kamaka hf3 ( preferably build after 2015 )

IMG_1833.jpgIMG_1832.jpgIMG_1831.JPG

Last edited:
It's lovely. If it was still in the UK I would find it irresistible.

Great review and video you posted. Good luck on the sale.

I have significantly lowered the price for the inconvenience of duty and tax, I think of it as paying "rent" for owning this beautiful instrument. :)
I've never been taxed for private sales, only when I purchase from HMS.:D

I have significantly lowered the price for the inconvenience of duty and tax, I think of it as paying "rent" for owning this beautiful instrument. :)
I've never been taxed for private sales, only when I purchase from HMS.:D

Private sales into the UK do get taxed, I've had to pay it. Just don't want anyone to get caught out.

This is a beauty and it will sell no problem. You were well within your rights to buy it and equally to sell it to anywhere and anyone who can afford it :)

Hi Ukujiji,

I do own an immaculate Kamaka HF-3 tenor. That has great looking koa that shimmers and has depth to it, it also sounds terrific.

If you are interested in a trade plus $, I am interested in discussing one. I bought it from HMS December 2017. With full setup. It came with a Kamaka case. It was made in the same year.

I can take photos if you are interested.

Your mailbox is full, I'm sure with other offers for your beautiful LFDM

Last edited:
Ukujiji -- Just a quick very positive recommendation for Kenn2018 as it looks like you guys may be connecting. He and I completed a sale together in the last 12 months. He's a pleasure to work with, and I would buy or sell with him anytime. Brett

That's one beautiful uke!

For those that don’t know me I am friends with Luis, the luthier who built this ukulele. I am very fortunate to live about 10 minutes away from him. He invites me up every time he finishes his builds and I get to play them. All of the above is to state I remembered this one very distinctly as it was one of the best sounding ukes of his I have played. He really likes and knows how to use spruce top wood with a hardwood back. As you can tell from the sound sample it is like a 4 string classical guitar, that’s highest praise I can give.

Personally I think Ukujiji is crazy to sell it, unless he needs the money. In this day and age that could be understandable and I wish him good luck

Last edited:
I think I 'm a bit crazy too:D I will definitely think of this ukulele a lot after it is gone.
I made a rule of not owning more than 3 tenors at a time. My Jake blue will arrive in a year and half, one of the tenors need to go sooner or later.
This amazing ukulele is a recent purchase, I don't feel too attached to it yet, so I picked this one.
Until my Jake Blue arrives, I'm planning on using my "third tenor slot" to try as much different ukuleles as possible from different makers.:music:

Wow. I thought that I was over UAS, but this is an amazing ukulele. I only play concert size though, so don't have to fight the urge to buy this. But, oh my. It looks and sounds beautiful. Good luck with the sale, and congratulations to whoever is fortunate enough to get this ukulele.

Thank you for your interests, this ukulele is now sold, it'll be on its way to its new owner tomorrow. I will close the thread once he receives it. :D

Congrats on your quick sale.

I wish I could've afforded but alas wrong timing.

Top Bottom