Thread: Acoustic guitar on modern digital modelling amp

Default Acoustic guitar on modern digital modelling amp

Hi all

Anyone tried acoustic guitar on a modern digital modelling amp? I am thinking about buying an amp for acoustic but also an electric guitar and would like only one amp.

I understand that "normal" electric guitar amps are not suitable for acoustic guitar but was wondering if using a clean channel one of the new digital modelling amps would be ok?

thanks
    david

It probably depends of the modelling and the model. Look for a frequency range of appr. 40-20.000 Hz. That's where the difference lies. An electric amp will only reproduce up to 6-7.000 Hz EVEN on the clean channel.

Buy an acoustic amp and a distorsion pedal for the e-guitar.
    Last edited by Poul Hansen; 05-25-2020 at 12:49 AM.
    Mahimahi MS-35W Soprano Willow
    Mahimahi MC-35W Concerto Willow
    Mahimahi MT-35W Tenore Willow
    Geso GC-85 Concert
    Geso GT-85 Tenor
    Reno RU-210 Soprano
    Makala MK-C Concert
    Martin T-15 Tiple 1956
    Just Povlsen Uke 790, 1947
    Cordoba Mini M Guitalele in A
    Cordoba Mini M Guitalele in E

Look into the Quilter Micropro Mach 2 line of heads and combo amps. The 8" combo model might serve your needs well.
    "Who hears music, feels his solitude Peopled at once -- for how count heart-beats plain / Unless a company, with hearts which beat, / Come close to the musician, seen or no?" - Robert Browning, "Balaustion's Adventure"

Thanks, will check those tips out.

If you're using a simple acoustic guitar you need additional mic. Yes, you can plug your acoustic/electric guitar into an amp. In fact, you can even plug it into electric guitar amps. But, as you may have guessed, the sound won't be the same.

I have a Yamaha FG 800 with a JJB passive pickup that sounds good through my Fender Mustang LT25. I made a preset that has no effects and some EQ through the clean amp model.

It won't be as good as something like the Fishman Loudbox but I think it captures the acoustic sound of my Yamaha quite well.

Boss Katana 50 or the 100 if you need more power. I bought my son the Katana 50 for his Stratocaster and it has an acoustic setting. This amp works exceptionally well with both electric guitar and pick up equipped acoustic guitars. Go down the YouTube rabbit hole of reviews, you will be impressed.
    Currently enjoying these ukuleles : *LdfM tenor, *LfdM 19" super tenor. *LfdM baritone, *I'iwi tenor , *Koolau tenor, *Webber tenor, *Kimo tenor, *Kimo super concert, *Mya Moe baritone, *Kamaka baritone, *Gianinni baritone, *Fred Shields walnut pineapple super soprano, *Kala super soprano, *Loprinzi super soprano, *Black bear ULO concert , *Enya X1 concert, *Enya X1 pineapple soprano, *Enya Nova *Gretsch tenor, *Korala plastic concert

Thread Information