Thread: Having a Bad Practice Week?

Default Having a Bad Practice Week?

I get emails occasionally from Noa Kageyama, and they're interesting. His main focus seems to be how to become a better performer, but I have to admit that I seldom do more than skim his articles.

I thought this one would be interesting to the group.

https://bulletproofmusician.com/how-...e-day-or-week/
    Too many ukes, but I can't stop buying!
    https://www.catskillukulelegroup.com/

I get the emails as well, and often find them interesting. I'm not, and won't ever be, a performer, but there are still good tips, and sometimes just interesting topics. And, sometimes not. :-)

Hell, I'm having a bad practice month! Since we have no gigs, it's very hard to stay motivated.
    "Those who bring sunshine and laughter to the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves".

Music washes from the soul, the dust of everyday living.

Thanks for posting this Jerry.

Very interesting site. Gonna take me a while to get through the info. I signed up for the emails.

Reminds me of an ebook I have, called "First, Learn to Practice" by Tom Henry. I need to revisit that book. I'm afraid I have drifted away from how I should be approaching it. So much to learn.

I get distracted... Squirrel!
    There is a subtle yet profound difference between the learning of something and the knowing of that thing.
    You can learn by reading, but you don’t begin to know until you begin to try to do.

—Lou Churchill, Plane & Pilot Magazine

Considering that playing is much more fun than practicing I deal with bad practice days by skipping the practice part all together. It has been working well.
    I don't want to live in a world that is linear.

I just want everyone to understand that I am not a ukulele expert, even though it may look at times like I'm pretending to be.

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_n...tective+Agency

Quote Originally Posted by Nickie View Post
    Hell, I'm having a bad practice month! Since we have no gigs, it's very hard to stay motivated.
    Online jams!
    Too many ukes, but I can't stop buying!
    https://www.catskillukulelegroup.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Rllink View Post
    Considering that playing is much more fun than practicing I deal with bad practice days by skipping the practice part all together. It has been working well.
    That works for me, too. :-)

But, it would be good to overcome the bad practice days at least some of the time.

Yeah, bad practice day. Can't even get my fingers going through songs I know well. I'll try back in awhile or just run thru Uncle Rods which is good for just getting transition memory while you watch tv

Quote Originally Posted by Rllink View Post
    Me three. Some days i avoid playing altogether if i think i am going to get worse rather than better. However, often after a bit of fun playing i am willing to practice.

Thread Information