Having a Bad Practice Week?

Jerryc41

Reaction score
I get the emails as well, and often find them interesting. I'm not, and won't ever be, a performer, but there are still good tips, and sometimes just interesting topics. And, sometimes not. :)

Hell, I'm having a bad practice month! Since we have no gigs, it's very hard to stay motivated.

Thanks for posting this Jerry.

Very interesting site. Gonna take me a while to get through the info. I signed up for the emails.

Reminds me of an ebook I have, called "First, Learn to Practice" by Tom Henry. I need to revisit that book. I'm afraid I have drifted away from how I should be approaching it. So much to learn.

I get distracted... Squirrel!

Considering that playing is much more fun than practicing I deal with bad practice days by skipping the practice part all together. It has been working well.

Considering that playing is much more fun than practicing I deal with bad practice days by skipping the practice part all together. It has been working well.

That works for me, too. :)

But, it would be good to overcome the bad practice days at least some of the time.

Yeah, bad practice day. Can't even get my fingers going through songs I know well. I'll try back in awhile or just run thru Uncle Rods which is good for just getting transition memory while you watch tv

Me three. Some days i avoid playing altogether if i think i am going to get worse rather than better. However, often after a bit of fun playing i am willing to practice.

I'm having troubles learning new songs. Trying to learn a new song this week and my usual method of learning one barre at a time, play the hell out of it, and tack on the next barre until complete. It usually works and the song is committed to memory without even thinking about it! but not this week. It's just not coming easy and making me want to take a break from playing all together.

I read everything I get from Dr. Noa Kageyama. I'm having a horrible practice week. Last week too. My uke is in the shop.

Top Bottom