Zoom Question

Jerryc41

Reaction score
I want to add a couple of choices for backgrounds and profile pictures to Zoom. Is there a way to get into the program without being in an actual session?

By the way, you can select a still picture to appear on the screen if you want to be away from a session for a few minutes without your house appearing on the screen.

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201363203-Customizing-your-Profile

I think all you have to do is just launch the program on your computer. You can then click the start new meeting button for a meeting of just you, or go to the upper right corner where there is the settings button that should allow you to adjust your video and sound settings. One cool thing I was playing with is that when doing this you can record your solo session to see how good your sound and balance are for everyone else (like if your uke overwhelms your voice or the reverse).

I think all you have to do is just launch the program on your computer. You can then click the start new meeting button for a meeting of just you, or go to the upper right corner where there is the settings button that should allow you to adjust your video and sound settings. One cool thing I was playing with is that when doing this you can record your solo session to see how good your sound and balance are for everyone else (like if your uke overwhelms your voice or the reverse).

Thanks. That worked. How can I make an added background the correct size? And how can I size a picture to take my place when I leave Zoom for a while?

Okay, I learned that 1280 X 720 is the correct size, so all I need now is how to size a picture for when I'm away from Zoom.

Last edited:
Top Bottom