Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FS: Collings UT2 Custom Figured Mahogany Tenor Ukulele

Default FS: Collings UT2 Custom Figured Mahogany Tenor Ukulele

SOLD

Due to an injury, I am no longer able to play ukulele. Because of this, I've decided to sell this beauty. It is a 2013 Collings UT2 Custom Figured Honduran Mahogany tenor. Includes Collings hardcase, original paperwork with warranty card, Collings sticker, and an Oasis ukulele humidifier. Ukulele and case are both in great condition. It has been stored in a smoke free and humidity controlled environment.

Just lowered the price to $2399 which includes CONUS shipping!

Top/Back/Sides: Figured Honduran Mahogany
    Neck: Figured Honduran Mahogany
    Body Binding: Ivoroid with Vintage Rope Purfling
    Rosette: Ivoroid with B/W Purfling
    Bracing: Fan
    Bridge: Figured Rosewood
    Fingerboard: Figured Rosewood w/ Ivoroid Dots
    Nut: 1 3/8"
    Neck Profile: C Shape
    Peghead Profile: Haircut
    Neck Joint: Biscuit Joint
    Peghead Veneer: Figured Rosewood w/ Ivoriod Collings Logo
    Tuners: Peghed (4:1 ratio)
    Scale Length: 17"
    Fingerboard Radius: 12"
    Body Finish: High Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
    Strings: Savarez Low-G
    Case: Deluxe Collins Hardshell By Ameritage

IMG_20200524_090255.jpg

IMG_20200524_090431.jpg

IMG_20200524_090443.jpg

IMG_20200524_090455.jpg

IMG_20200524_090718.jpg
    Last edited by Milwaukee Matzen; 06-14-2020 at 08:16 PM.

Wow, stunning! A dream uke for sure. GLWS.
    John

Really sorry to hear of your injury. That is truly a sad thing. I hope you find another activity that brings you joy.

Very nice Collings tenor. These are wonderful instruments and worthy of their reputations.

I was fortunate enough to acquire one recently and it is a marvel. Without a doubt, it's one of the lightest tenors I have ever held.

The craftsmanship is first class. With a beautiful high-gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer finish. The notes are crisp and fully-formed played soft or loud. And it can be loud. The c-shaped neck is very comfortable. The nut is a standard 1-3/8" with 3/8" string spacing. So it's easy to play. If you have smaller hands, I think you'll like this neck a lot. I have large hands and it also works for me. (Well, I wear L or XL gloves, but my fingers are short for my 6'1" size.)

I think the Collings ukuleles deserve their renoun. If you are looking for a high-end, collectors ukulele that is a great all-around player, this will fit the bill.

Best of luck with the sale. Someone will be thrilled to own this beauty.

PS: I am not affiliated with this seller in any way. (I did buy a couple of videos from him last year.) I just like the Collings tenors a lot.
    Last edited by Kenn2018; 05-24-2020 at 09:15 AM.
    There is a subtle yet profound difference between the learning of something and the knowing of that thing.
    You can learn by reading, but you don’t begin to know until you begin to try to do.

—Lou Churchill, Plane & Pilot Magazine

That's a beauty, nice photos too!
    If music be the food of love, play on! -Bill Shakespeare

Quote Originally Posted by Kenn2018 View Post
    Really sorry to hear of your injury. That is truly a sad thing. I hope you find another activity that brings you joy.

Very nice Collings tenor. These are wonderful instruments and worthy of their reputations.

I was fortunate enough to acquire one recently and it is a marvel. Without a doubt, it's one of the lightest tenors I have ever held.

The craftsmanship is first class. With a beautiful high-gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer finish. The notes are crisp and fully-formed played soft or loud. And it can be loud. The c-shaped neck is very comfortable. The nut is a standard 1-3/8" with 3/8" string spacing. So it's easy to play. If you have smaller hands, I think you'll like this neck a lot. I have large hands and it also works for me. (Well, I wear L or XL gloves, but my fingers are short for my 6'1" size.)

I think the Collings ukuleles deserve their renoun. If you are looking for a high-end, collectors ukulele that is a great all-around player, this will fit the bill.

Best of luck with the sale. Someone will be thrilled to own this beauty.

PS: I am not affiliated with this seller in any way. (I did buy a couple of videos from him last year.) I just like the Collings tenors a lot.
    Thanks for the kind words. I am sure that I'll find something to keep me busy!

Quote Originally Posted by Steedy View Post
    That's a beauty, nice photos too!
    Thanks. I just took them with an old Android tablet!

Just lowered the price to $2349!
    Last edited by Milwaukee Matzen; 06-12-2020 at 11:27 AM.

Beautiful instrument, The Collings tenors I've played have been superb, and I personally love the 13-frets-to-body build.
    If I could afford it, i'd buy it.
    (As my dear little old Hillbilly mother would say: "I would if I could, but I ain't 'cause I caint!")

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    Beautiful instrument, The Collings tenors I've played have been superb, and I personally love the 13-frets-to-body build.
    If I could afford it, i'd buy it.
    (As my dear little old Hillbilly mother would say: "I would if I could, but I ain't 'cause I caint!")
    Thanks for your words. Out of all of the ukes that I've owned (ukes by high end makers and vintage Martins), I've held on to this one. The only reason that I am selling it is that I can no longer play. Someone will be beyond happy with this instrument.

Thread Information