FS: Collings UT2 Custom Figured Mahogany Tenor Ukulele

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melodious Thunk

Reaction score
SOLD

Due to an injury, I am no longer able to play ukulele. Because of this, I've decided to sell this beauty. It is a 2013 Collings UT2 Custom Figured Honduran Mahogany tenor. Includes Collings hardcase, original paperwork with warranty card, Collings sticker, and an Oasis ukulele humidifier. Ukulele and case are both in great condition. It has been stored in a smoke free and humidity controlled environment.

Just lowered the price to $2399 which includes CONUS shipping!

Top/Back/Sides: Figured Honduran Mahogany
Neck: Figured Honduran Mahogany
Body Binding: Ivoroid with Vintage Rope Purfling
Rosette: Ivoroid with B/W Purfling
Bracing: Fan
Bridge: Figured Rosewood
Fingerboard: Figured Rosewood w/ Ivoroid Dots
Nut: 1 3/8"
Neck Profile: C Shape
Peghead Profile: Haircut
Neck Joint: Biscuit Joint
Peghead Veneer: Figured Rosewood w/ Ivoriod Collings Logo
Tuners: Peghed (4:1 ratio)
Scale Length: 17"
Fingerboard Radius: 12"
Body Finish: High Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
Strings: Savarez Low-G
Case: Deluxe Collins Hardshell By Ameritage

IMG_20200524_090255.jpg

IMG_20200524_090431.jpg

IMG_20200524_090443.jpg

IMG_20200524_090455.jpg

IMG_20200524_090718.jpg

Last edited:
Really sorry to hear of your injury. That is truly a sad thing. I hope you find another activity that brings you joy.

Very nice Collings tenor. These are wonderful instruments and worthy of their reputations.

I was fortunate enough to acquire one recently and it is a marvel. Without a doubt, it's one of the lightest tenors I have ever held.

The craftsmanship is first class. With a beautiful high-gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer finish. The notes are crisp and fully-formed played soft or loud. And it can be loud. The c-shaped neck is very comfortable. The nut is a standard 1-3/8" with 3/8" string spacing. So it's easy to play. If you have smaller hands, I think you'll like this neck a lot. I have large hands and it also works for me. (Well, I wear L or XL gloves, but my fingers are short for my 6'1" size.)

I think the Collings ukuleles deserve their renoun. If you are looking for a high-end, collectors ukulele that is a great all-around player, this will fit the bill.

Best of luck with the sale. Someone will be thrilled to own this beauty.

PS: I am not affiliated with this seller in any way. (I did buy a couple of videos from him last year.) I just like the Collings tenors a lot.

Last edited:
Really sorry to hear of your injury. That is truly a sad thing. I hope you find another activity that brings you joy.

Very nice Collings tenor. These are wonderful instruments and worthy of their reputations.

I was fortunate enough to acquire one recently and it is a marvel. Without a doubt, it's one of the lightest tenors I have ever held.

The craftsmanship is first class. With a beautiful high-gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer finish. The notes are crisp and fully-formed played soft or loud. And it can be loud. The c-shaped neck is very comfortable. The nut is a standard 1-3/8" with 3/8" string spacing. So it's easy to play. If you have smaller hands, I think you'll like this neck a lot. I have large hands and it also works for me. (Well, I wear L or XL gloves, but my fingers are short for my 6'1" size.)

I think the Collings ukuleles deserve their renoun. If you are looking for a high-end, collectors ukulele that is a great all-around player, this will fit the bill.

Best of luck with the sale. Someone will be thrilled to own this beauty.

PS: I am not affiliated with this seller in any way. (I did buy a couple of videos from him last year.) I just like the Collings tenors a lot.

Thanks for the kind words. I am sure that I'll find something to keep me busy!

Beautiful instrument, The Collings tenors I've played have been superb, and I personally love the 13-frets-to-body build.
If I could afford it, i'd buy it.
(As my dear little old Hillbilly mother would say: "I would if I could, but I ain't 'cause I caint!")

Beautiful instrument, The Collings tenors I've played have been superb, and I personally love the 13-frets-to-body build.
If I could afford it, i'd buy it.
(As my dear little old Hillbilly mother would say: "I would if I could, but I ain't 'cause I caint!")

Thanks for your words. Out of all of the ukes that I've owned (ukes by high end makers and vintage Martins), I've held on to this one. The only reason that I am selling it is that I can no longer play. Someone will be beyond happy with this instrument.

Nice score for whoever got this one. Very few figured mahogany Collings with these trim options. Really some great choices on this custom. Congrats!

-Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom