Thread: iPad video recording and playing backing track at same time

Default iPad video recording and playing backing track at same time

Hello,

I am wondering how to record yourself using your IPad video camera and having a backing track play at the same time? So the video is capturing your performance and also the backing is playing while your playing with it at the same time? I hope this makes sense? I donít know if itís possible or is a different application required? Maybe an entire different setup is needed? Anyone who knows how itís done please share. Thank you.

Kyle

There's a lot of ways of doing what you want but most of them involve more software and hardware. However, you might consider recording the video while playing one of the parts. Later, open the video in GarageBand, use headphones to monitor the already recorded video track and lay down the backing track. One you've recorded the second track, you can adjust the mix, EQ, stereo image, etc., and export the video with the blended stereo track. I've done it many times on my Mac so the iPad version of GarageBand probably works the same.

Thanks for the suggestion! I have backing tracks that are MP3’s, I really would like to have it playing in real time and have the ability to record video of me playing at the same time against the MP3’s. Not sure how to go about it? I saw an app called Monster Media but not sure if that would work?

Looks like you need a separate app as the built in recorder won't let you do it that way:
    https://apple.stackexchange.com/ques...playing/350861

Though iPhone 11 apparently does:
    https://9to5mac.com/2019/09/25/iphon...usic-in-video/
    Ukulele:
    Iriguchi Tenor "Weeble" - A, WoU Clarity
    Blue Star 19" baritone Konablaster - DGBE
    Cocobolo 16" SC#1-gCEA, SC SLMU
    Ono #42 19" baritone, Ab, LW
    Imua iET-Bb, M600
    Covered Bridge CLN pineapple - Eb cuatro, SC XLL
    Rogue bari
    Bonanza super tenor, cFAD SC LHU
    Kala KSLNG, Eb SC XLU
    Hanson 5-string tenor, dGCEA
    Bonanza SLN GCEA
    Bonanzalele concert
    Guitars:
    Jupiter #47, G, TI CF127
    Pelem, B reentrant
    Jupiter #71, A, UG1

!Flukutronic!

You could do this with the Acapella app, if the backing track is in your Apple Music library.
    My ukulele blog: http://ukestuff.info

My ukulele YouTube channels:

I don’t know anything really, so of course I will add my two cents. Sorry. I video myself playing with my laptop while at the same time recording the audio on my iPad into GarageBand. I use a clapper at the beginning of the session, snapping shut an eye-glass hard case so I can match up the video and sound later. I can lay down a bunch of tracks and finish up on my laptop’s GarageBand, through iCloud. Then I replace the sound in iMovie with my mixed track.

If you don’t have a laptop, do you have an iPhone? The video is decent on those and is about the same as the iPad. Then you can import the vid into iMovie on your iPad.

Thread Information