NUAD* Godin MultiUke - A Hard Case that Fits!

Kenn2018

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
*New Ukulele Accessory Day

A hard case for my Godin MultiUke!

I’d been looking for a hard case that would hold my Godin MultiUke for over a year. I finally found one: Fremont Square Tenor Hard Case.

The fit is snug, but the foam in the sides is soft and squeezes down so there’s about 1/4” remaining between the uke and the hard side of the case. Fremont offers both a Tweed version with red interior and a Black vinyl case with black interior.

I keep my Takumi Tenor in the Tweed version and the Godin in the Black. I photographed the Godin in both cases, because it’s hard to see the interior of the black case. I think the Tweed version is slightly better made, but they are both very nice hard cases. There is also a large storage compartment in the cases. Both come in Soprano, Concert & Tenor sizes. Each is listed for $110, including free shipping.

I purchased both from Lucy’s Ukulele on Ebay. The service was fast and their replies to my questions were very prompt.

Fremont Brand Handsome Tweed Square Tenor Ukulele Hard Case
Fremont Brand Handsome Black Square Tenor Ukulele Hard Case

1 Tweed Godin.jpg 1 Black open2.jpg 2 Tweed open.jpg 3 Tweed closed.jpg

I didn't name these. I have no affiliation with Lucy's Ukulele or Fremont Brand.

Not sure why the link stopped working.

One more photo of the front of the tweed case.

4 Tweed front.jpg

Note the chrome feet on the bottom of the case. They are on both Black & Tweed versions.

I keep my Godin in the black case and my Takumi Tenor in the tweed case. Takumi sold their ukuleles with a Fremont case the last year they made ukes.

Last edited:
IMG_7890.jpgIMG_0427.jpgIMG_6602.jpg

I bought quick release strap button's so i can quickly release my strap and pop it in the bag supplied .

Sorry i might have mislead you on the strap , i meant i put quick release buttons on the Godin strap , the Crossrock comes with two very good straps similar to car seat belt material over engineered if anything .

No not mislead. I take my strap off my Godin when I put in the Godin gig bag so taking in the strap off to put the Godin in another case is no issue. I have read in the Crossrock descriptions that they come with a shoulder strap which is why I was interested in the Crossrock. The several rectangular cases I've looked at while usable generally do not have shoulder straps and I'd rather not add the d rings and strap later.

I read somewhere (can't find it now) that the Multi Uke fits in some Mandolin cases. Based on measurements, it seems that might be true. But I don't want to order something online and then have to return it. So my plan is to take the Multi Uke to some music stores that carry Mandolins and see if they have a HSC that's a good fit. If I find one, maybe they'd even give me a few bucks for the gig bag.

By the way, I have a Crossrock ABS case and an Oahu wood case for my other tenor ukes; the Multi Uke does not fit in them. A friend has a Romero Super-Tenor that fits well in the Crossrock Fiberglass Case (mjh42 - I'd pick yellow!), but that seems a bit on the pricey side. I take the straps off cases that have them, but I like having a D-ring on the top of the back so I can hang the case vertically on a peg.

With work, family, covid and all that is going on in the world I have not pursed a hard case yet. There are a couple of good music stores in town but they are on the other side of the metro from me. When I'm headed that direction and have the time--along with figuring out their covid open hours/process I'll take my Multiuke in and see if I can find something that fits. I'll keep the soft case. It's part of the package as it were. I don't want to play the game of buying on line and having to return what doesn't work. I have three other tenor cases and I know the Multiuke doesn't fit in any of them. Cost in not a big factor in all this, of course to a point-like I'm not interested in a custom case. Adequate hard case quality, some kind of working should strap and a good fit is a must. As I'm not taking the instrument out of the house these days less to worry about.

Going to local Guitar Center tomorrow with MultiUke to check out this: Road Runner RRMAM ABS Molded A Mandolin Case. You may not be interested in it as it doesn't have a strap or a provision for one, but I'll let you know how I make out. You're right about keeping the soft case just in case.

Last edited:
I went to Guitar Center and tried 2 hard-shell Mandolin cases - the Road Runner A-style and a TKL F-style. Both nice cases, but the MultiUke did not fit in either of them. In both cases the upper bout of the MultiUke was too wide. So, I just ordered a (yellow) Crossrock Fiberglass Tenor Case. If I ever sell the MultiUke (unlikely), I'll keep the case!

Last edited:
Thanks for the update. I saw on line that Crossrock does mandolin cases as well. Good to know on the TKL case I saw that one on line as well. I may have to go the Crossrock tenor case route as well. I'll check a couple of local stores first.

Three Tenors I'd be very surprised if your disappointed in the Crossrock Case they're really well made and will team up perfect with your Godin .

I went to Guitar Center and tried 2 hard-shell Mandolin cases - the Road Runner A-style and a TKL F-style. Both nice cases, but the MultiUke did not fit in either of them. In both cases the upper bout of the MultiUke was too wide. So, I just ordered a (yellow) Crossrock Fiberglass Tenor Case. If I ever sell the MultiUke (unlikely), I'll keep the case!

I have a Crossrock Red Tenor Fiberglass case and the Godin tenor Multiuke does not fit it. The upper bout doesn't fit the case. If I try to force it into the case by compressing the foam sides, it pushes the left side of the case out so that it won't close and lock. Plus, the headstock of the uke is pushed to the right so the uke sits diagonally in the case. Which is moot, because the top does not close. It's a very nice case, but the Godin does NOT fit in it.

Hmm ...! Well we'll see I guess. Amazon has free returns. But if it does fit, I'll keep it. The Godin is the one I gig with, so it needs the most protection, But I have two other tenors each with their own hard shell cases. If I ever travel with one of them, I'll pair it with the Crossrock fiberglass case for the journey. Anyway, I'll update this thread when I get the case and try it. Happier New Year!

I did some further research. It appears that there may be older and newer models of the Crossrock FB case with slightly different dimensions. I don't know which is which, and I don't know which one I'll receive. But one of them has some removable padding pieces - that's probably the one that will work. If it doesn't, I'll try the Guardian ABS Mandolin case at Elderly Instruments ($80; see picture below). If that doesn't work, I'll get the Fremont Brand Handsome Tweed Square Tenor Ukulele Hard Case. Meanwhile, the MultiUke is ensconced safely in it's gig bag, which as far as gig bags go is quite a good one. In any case, I'll continue to update this thread as the situation develops. Thanks all, for all your help.
Guardian ABS Mando Case @ EI.jpg

Last edited:
Looking at the inside dimensions of the Fiberglass Crossrock, the Godin should fit. Looking forward to seeing what the results and observations are of the purchase you have made. The ABS Crossrock would NOT be a good fit as I looked over the dimensions of that case as well. Same maker--ever so slightly different. Lots of instruments to fit.

Yup - I have an ABS Crossrock. My Blackbird Farallon fits in it beautifully. But the MultiUke does not fit in it. Stay tuned!

Apologies. I was not aware that Crossrock had a second Fiberglass Tenor case available.
This is the one listed on Amazon that is the same as mine. (Mine was included when I bought a Kanile'a Tenor from a small store that closed shortly afterwards.)
Crossrock CRF1000TURD Hardshell Fiberglass Tenor Ukulele Case, Thick Padded, 4 Latches, Glossy Finsh in Red (Why would anyone have "TURD" in the model number?)

Screen Shot 2021-01-01 at 4.08.43 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2021-01-01 at 4.09.31 PM.jpg

Top Bottom