Ohana Guitarlele

rlgph

Reaction score
For those of you interested in exploring a guitarlele for not very much money, i can heartily recommend the Ohana tenor sized TKGL-20. Although the back and sides are laminate, the top is solid mahogany and it sounds very good to this steel string guitarist. It's tuned a fourth up from standard guitar tuning -- ADGCEA -- so the first four strings match up with a low G tenor ukulele. Check it out.

Note that Ohana has also released what they refer to as a micro guitar -- the TKG-20, also a tenor size, but tuned like a standard guitar, EADGBE. Presumably the strings are different, but i don't whether there are any other differences between the two models. For a tenor uke body with 17" scale, i would be surprised if the TKG -20 sounds nearly as good as the TKGL-20; has anyone tried one?

Definitely the strings would be different but I'm surprised they list these as completely different models. I'm with you on the E tuning. I've tried it on baritone scale and it was "meh, ok" but much better in G. For tenor, i think A tuning works very well

I have a Yamaha Guitarlele and been playing it for the last few days they are A-A and 17” , it sounds really good using 4 or 6 strings I would be interested in a solid top thanks for the info.

Top Bottom