aNueNue USA Grand Opening!!!!!!!!!

Congrats, guys! I'll try to do my part to, um, help out! :D

Excellent news! aNueNue ukes really deserve a good distributor. Now I'm jelly for the US ukers. I wish Europe had a dedicated distributor for aNueNue as well. :(

To be fair, Anuenue ukes have been sold in Europe long before they were hyped in the U.S. Southern Ukulele Store had the Moon Birds in stock as early as 2016 (as this video shows), and Barry talks about the availability of Anuenue in Europe in this review. A quick search shows that some European stores do offer the Moon Birds and other models as we speak (a large selection can be found here, for example). However, my impression is that they got harder to get here in Europe after the big hype from HMS and here on UU started around 2018, coincidentally triggered by our fellow European Tobias Elof who was one of the first Western ambassadors of Anuenue.

Sorry for this little digression, I just wanted to make clear that while many of the nicer ukulele brands are hard to get in Europe, there was a time when Americans actually complained that Anuenue where only sold in Asia and Europe.

Congratulations to Kalei and Corey and good luck for their enterprise. Good to see that Anuenue has found a worthy distributor in the U.S.

I am aware that there are a few shops in Europe that stock aNueNue, and I was also under the impression that they've been more easily available in Europe previously compared to the US which is why I'm of course so happy about this news for the Americans. Still, I wouldn't say it's easy getting an aNueNue in Europe at least at the moment. Musikhaus Sedlmeyer in Germany (the one you linked) has probably the best stock but I'm not familiar with them otherwise. No idea about their setup process, for example. What I meant with my previous comment was that I wish Europe also had specifically a dedicated aNueNue distributor or that some prominent uke shop would strike a similar deal with them as we're seeing here. Not realistic perhaps but one can always dream. :)

I realize I shouldn't care (i.e., it's none of my business), but I am curious about how this happened. Is it possible that the idea of HMS being a distributor might also have been in the mix for a while? I'm hoping this is a way for Kalei (and Corey?) to increase their income without completely moving away from HMS. HMS is my favorite place to buy a ukulele and I hope AnuenueUSA.com will be a plus for everyone - including Andrew and company.

I am aware that there are a few shops in Europe that stock aNueNue, and I was also under the impression that they've been more easily available in Europe previously compared to the US which is why I'm of course so happy about this news for the Americans. Still, I wouldn't say it's easy getting an aNueNue in Europe at least at the moment. Musikhaus Sedlmeyer in Germany (the one you linked) has probably the best stock but I'm not familiar with them otherwise. No idea about their setup process, for example. What I meant with my previous comment was that I wish Europe also had specifically a dedicated aNueNue distributor or that some prominent uke shop would strike a similar deal with them as we're seeing here. Not realistic perhaps but one can always dream. :)

But why when you can already get them from several dealers in Europe and they can order whichever particular model you may want. What difference would it make if there was a dedicated distributor?

But why when you can already get them from several dealers in Europe and they can order whichever particular model you may want. What difference would it make if there was a dedicated distributor?

A dedicated distributor in your country will hopefully be able to provide better pricing as well as better warranty service than an independent dealer that is importing small numbers of instruments from overseas.

A dedicated distributor in your country will hopefully be able to provide better pricing as well as better warranty service than an independent dealer that is importing small numbers of instruments from overseas.

Your warranty would be with Anuenue, not with the dealer.

Well, if you could deal with warranty issues directly with a European dealer, that would be a big plus in my books. I can think of other reasons as well, like better stock of ukes, potentially better setup process, all kinds of little advantages. And I didn't mean that I wouldn't buy an aNueNue from any current dealer, in fact I already have. I would just personally welcome a similar kind of dealer as with aNueNue USA.

Also, sorry for hijacking the thread. I didn't mean this to become a discussion about my uke shop preferences. I'm just happy (and jealous) about the news.

Your warranty would be with Anuenue, not with the dealer.

If there is a distributor in your country, they should be handling warranty issues so you (or your dealer) don't have to deal with an overseas company.

congrats Kalei and Corey....good luck!!

Congratulations on the opening of your American Distribution Company. If your quality remains first rate, and your service is as good as your reputation says it is, you'll do extremely well. Best of luck with your new venture.

Thank you! Corey and I QC each instrument when we receive our inventory, a second time before they are pictured, and then it goes through our optimization(setup process) before we ship each order. If you have any questions about any of our products feel free to send us an email support@anuenueusa.com or send us a text/call at 808-351-2217 or 808-352-0285. Keep passing on the Aloha!

Mahalo,

Kalei

Well here’s a little help from Evan. I didn’t know the concerts could sound so good:

Thank for your kind words! Evan is one of the most talented up and coming ukulele players from his generation. He can pretty much make any ukulele sound amazing. The MoonBird series are our most popular line of instruments. Here's a couple sound sample links to compare each size. Each sound sample is pure with no EQ and tone adjustments.
US200(soprano) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcW7i395vK8
UC200(concert) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6gXpatWP3E
UT200(tenor) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s055MhLY7-Y

If you have questions feel free to email us at: support@anuenueusa.com
Call and/or text us at 808-351-2217 or 808-352-0285

Mahalo,

-Kalei

I have sent a few texts but the responses have been slow or not at all
Ron

Congratulations to All!
I am drooling already!

Top Bottom