Uke Logic String... wow!

The strings got here a lot more quickly than I was expecting, and they make the cheap uke sound pretty good. Importantly, they're easy to play with my somewhat damaged hands. It increases my practice time and hurts less. I'm very pleased with them so far.

That's great! :)

BTW, are Uke Logic strings available in Europe?

Yes, you can order them straight from Etsy but shipping fees are not cheap. I would've ordered several sets at once but then I would've had to pay import fees and VAT on top. So basically, I could order max two sets at once without having to pay import fees but then the shipping fee would increase the price by almost 50%. That's a no go for me.

Is it any cheaper to order directly from the Ukulele Site? Or would the same fees apply? Ordering two sets should be enough for a while, at least you can try them see how you like them. What kind of shipping charges are you talking about from HMS?

Last edited:
Many fluorocarbon strings are a bit thicker. These are close to the Martin dimensions. I would be curious how they compare.

Is it any cheaper to order directly from the Ukulele Site? Or would the same fees apply? Ordering two sets should be enough for a while, at least you can try them see how you like them. What kind of shipping charges are you talking about from HMS?

The shipping and handling seems to be $14.50 from HMS to Finland.

What is that, maybe two pints of beer in Finland? I don't understand the logic of buying the best ukuleles you can afford but then not wanting to try some of the very best strings because of the postage.

Maybe we could order few sets together? I'm so curious to try these, that I'll probably place an order soon.

What is that, maybe two pints of beer in Finland? I don't understand the logic of buying the best ukuleles you can afford but then not wanting to try some of the very best strings because of the postage.

If it was just the postage that would be fine. But as I mentioned previously, if I want to order more than two sets of strings (or in other words, if the order exceeds 22 euros not including postage) I have to pay import costs and VAT on top of the shipping costs. So either I order only two sets of strings and incur a 50% extra for just shipping costs or I order more but pay 27% (import + VAT) on top of everything. Even without shipping costs, the price of a single pack of Uke Logic strings rises to around 13 or 14 euros which is already about the same as a pack of Worth strings that's good for two sets of strings. Are Uke Logic twice as good as Worth? I don't know, maybe...

Maybe we could order few sets together? I'm so curious to try these, that I'll probably place an order soon.

If we managed to make an order together it would be a nice way to cut down the shipping costs and try these strings out. To be honest, there's been so many positive comments about Uke Logic that I'm intrigued myself. I'll send you a PM.

Unaffiliated with the seller, but the Etsy store for Uke Logic seems to be running 15% off as of 7/5/20. Not sure how long this will last, so perhaps a good time to try them for people on the fence.
https://www.etsy.com/shop/UkeLogic

Also, having played the strings more now, they are among the best fingerpicking strings I have heard. I still don't love the A string when strummed--and it seems to be fraying particularly quickly (although it did helpfully come with two A strings, which resolves that problem). When the rest of my string stash runs out, I'll probably be back for more--especially if a new A string formulation is released.

Unaffiliated with the seller, but the Etsy store for Uke Logic seems to be running 15% off as of 7/5/20. Not sure how long this will last, so perhaps a good time to try them for people on the fence.
https://www.etsy.com/shop/UkeLogic

Thanks for this; it was the push I needed. I buy strings in sets of three; and I have a couple of tenors that could benefit from some "softer" strings.

I bit the bullet as well and ordered a few sets together with Loska so we can divide the shipping costs. Really lucky that they had a sale going on. Perfect timing to try these... once they arrive in the next coming weeks (if I'm lucky). I'll post my comments on them once I've had a chance to try them out.

Top Bottom