Kick scooter owners...

Croaky Keith

Reaction score
Hi all, I've just become the proud owner of my first adult kick scooter, (at the age of 70 ;) ) - a Swifty Zero.... :cool:

SwiftyZERO-Atlantic-Blue2.jpg

Anyone else use a kick scooter?

Last edited:
Good for you, enjoy and show the "kids" how to do it. :D

Looks like fun!

John Colter

I love your Amish style scooter!

I have been riding a kick scooter for about 10 years - since my early 50's. Started with a Razor A5. Now, I have several (Scooter Acquisition Syndrome). My favorite is the magnesium Xootr MG. The coolest one is the part bike/part skateboard Sbyke P-20.

I used to be a moderator on the letskickscoot.com forum. Lots of good information there.

Hi Laura, I recently joined LetsKickScoot forum, & am trying to revive it. :)

Sounds like you have some interesting scoots - love the SAS acronym. :D

Went for my inaugural scoot this morning - by 'eck, it were 'ard work!

My fault though, as I chose to start out on a gravel fire road, to get the feel of it. ;)
(About 2 miles.)

Edit: Just looked up your Sbike P-20......bet you get some fun comments.... :cool:

Last edited:
I have a heart condition that prevents me from overly exerting myself, but I don't let it stop me from doing what I can. To be able to run local errands to the supermarket, bank, etc. about two years ago I bought an electric scooter. I went all out for a very high end one, the best part being that it folds up to a very compact size. I rarely ride it in the street, mostly on sidewalks, being very careful and slow around people.

It will go up to 16 MPH, run about 20 hours, has three wheels so it's easy to balance and roll around when folded, built in light and horn, electronic brake. When I say high end, I mean I spent $1600 including a second set of batteries and charger. I added handicap symbols to mine since I am registered as handicapped. The one drawback to three wheels is you don't lean into turns, you have to steer, making it a little awkward to turn corners.

IGO 3 sizes.jpg
iGO collapsed rolling.png

This is Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly Grove near the Beverly Center
9 tenor cutaway ukes, 4 acoustic bass ukes, 12 solid body bass ukes, 14 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 39)

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
• Member The CC Strummers: YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, Facebook: www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

Last edited:
Homemade tiny skateboard for me...a 50 year old with gray hair. I get a lot of catcalls like: "you're too old to skate" or "do a kick flip":p
Slalom trucks for 1970's street surfing.
tinysk8.jpg

People that tell you you're too old to skate are destined to live a life of mediocrity. The guy telling you to do a kickflip is probably Tony Hawk, wanting to give you free schwag. :cool:

Last edited:
This thread has piqued my interest. My UAS has been itching for a while but maybe I should take those funds and buy a kick scooter instead! I was interested in some type of scooter in the past but that interest fell by the wayside with life and such. Now with an interest in losing weight and a need to be more active, a scooter might fit the bill quite nicely. They're not all that easy to come by here in the U.S. Right now I have my eye on the Kickbike Sport G4.

kickbike.jpg

Fortunately I'd be able to ride in my neighborhood and the surrounding area but better riding trails would require a drive. If I do decide to get one I'll probably need something with quick-release, removable wheels so I could fit it in the car. I suppose I could go with a smaller scooter but I want something with bigger wheels for a smoother ride and so I don't go flipping over the handlebars if I hit a rock, a stick, a crack or something.

I looked at several kick bikes, but decided that I wanted to stick with a big wheel scooter, (with two brakes, as I live in a hilly area).

Mine has 16" wheels, (just like a Brompton folding bike, & they are very popular), & I can flick the front wheel up quite easily to clear tree roots, etc. These size wheels seem to be a good compromise, for an adult scooter. Mild off road scooting is more than possible. :)

Yes, glad to see some like-minded ukers here!

In my entire adult life, I have never owned a car. Instead, I have been using my bike or the public transport system to go anywhere. As such, any form of micromobility is extremely important to me, so I was among the very first to own a folding scooter from "Micro" when they were presented in about 2000. The lightweight, portable small package really filled my proverbial "last mile" with a quick and easy transport solution. I actually think there is a connection between my love for both scooters and ukuleles, as both are small, cute, lightweight, portable and easy to use.

Rakelele said, "small, cute, lightweight, portable and easy to use"

I guess you carry a Saturday night special, then?:D

I don’t need a training wheelView attachment 127552

Aerobar and a handbrake? My head is spinning.

I looked at several kick bikes, but decided that I wanted to stick with a big wheel scooter, (with two brakes, as I live in a hilly area).

Mine has 16" wheels, (just like a Brompton folding bike, & they are very popular), & I can flick the front wheel up quite easily to clear tree roots, etc. These size wheels seem to be a good compromise, for an adult scooter. Mild off road scooting is more than possible. :)

I’ve done 68 km/h on my Brompton and it was rocksteady. Done over 60 regularly, so, yeah, a 16” wheel can be okay if everything is built around it properly. Not my favourite off road, just needs more concentration.

Last edited:
Top Bottom